PDA

View Full Version : injectors?

lucas240sx
12-07-2011, 04:16 PM
delphi 50lb injectors and get a top feed rail

or

Nissan 1999-02 S15 200SX SR20DET Set of 4 Direct Fit 550cc fuel injectors | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-1999-02-S15-200SX-SR20DET-Set-4-Direct-Fit-550cc-fuel-injectors-/160694936885?pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item256a2a2535)

who has ever used these on their s13 sr20det?

thx guys for any input

EsChassisLove
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
dont cheap on fuel.

SARD injectors are awesome.

coupster
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM
All you are really paying for is a small coil pack, magnet, some gaskets/ o rings, and a housing. Now by all means you pay for what you get and I do agree that going cheap on the fuel system is not a smart idea, but if you do go for the bargain at least make sure that you have a decent company that has a warranty (at least one year). Deatschwerks a decent company with good prices. any one have any experiences with inexpensive injectors?

lucas240sx
12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Your right i should just wait it out and buy brand names....but still curios as well with others experience on the lower end injectors

Seraphim38
12-07-2011, 11:28 PM
If you are working on a budget and are staying with side feed, get STI side feed 550s. They cost half what the DW or Nismo versions cost and work fine. I had a set on my car.

The MSD injectors; bosch style top feeds, are not the best as that design is harder to tune than the injector dynamics, thinner type of top feeds. The I'd injectors are the ultimate as they are so tunable that you don't have to worry about buying injectors that have a little headroom for growth. A powr FC for example won't like 800cc MSD injectors but can tune IDs of 1K+.

coupster
12-12-2011, 05:28 AM
[QUOTE=A powr FC for example won't like 800cc MSD injectors but can tune IDs of 1K+.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying this because it's easier from a tuning stand point or is there sort of to that I am unclear about. Thanks fire the input, do you mind posting your current fuel setup and what you would like to upgrade our change?

Seraphim38
12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
The larger you go with the fatter MSD style injectors the harder it is to dial them down at idle and prevent it from running too rich. Power FCs don't have the range of adjustability to properly control them beyond 800cc give or take.

The newer style of 'pencil type' injectors like the STI or Injector Dynamics injectors are far more tuneable. There are videos on Youtube of people using massive 2000+cc injectors on stock engines just to prove that it can be done, and this essentially creates a new era for injector selection. It used to be that you had to pick just enough injector flow to fit your application but not too much or else you would not be able to get it to idle properly. The Injector Dynamics stuff makes that scenario no longer an issue, so you can get extra injector headroom for future modifications and be OK. I am told that the PowerFC can handle tuning 1000cc + injector Dynamics as the exception but I don't personally have any experience with this configuration. And since you asked, I am running a Walbro 255 pump through stock hard lines to -8AN braided lines, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, HKS top feed rail and ID1000 injectors (GT2871R .64, 264 12.0 cams, springs, ported head, 86.5 pistons, Apexi HG, etc)