PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a problem installing power folding mirrors.

wizzfish
12-22-2003, 11:38 PM
So everyone says the JDM switch harness has four more wires, two per each mirror.

Makes sense.

Then why does mine only have three?

So I'm thinking, hey, a wire probably just fell out or something....but there are 7 wires on the USDM harness out of 10 spots filled...and 10 out of 10 spots filled on the JDM harness.

I've spliced all 7 wires from the USDM onto the JDM harness according to their previous location....and am left over with three wires!

Mirrors adjust perfectly using the JDM switch and harness spliced, but ya, three wires left over.....

The three wires i'm left over on the switch are two greens (solid, no stripe) and one blue (solid, no stripe).

Each mirror has an orange and a pink wire, for fold and unfold actions.

I'm thinking somehow I need another solid blue on that harness...but none exist!

I even tried hooking up one green and the one blue wire to the pink and orange, didn't work, swapped them thinking i might have the circuit backwards, still nothing...so probably the whole 'folding' circuit has to be complete.

Anyone installed power mirrors before have pictures of their harnesses? Would it help if I posted pictures of my USDM and JDM switch harnesses?

Thanks guys :)