PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys The Time Has Come 400whp STOCK Sr.

BadazzSr20
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
ok guy,

im pushing right now 305whp on my sr20. this has been running for me with 305whp as my dd for about 1year now.

this is my mod list
Stock Sr20det red top Long Block.
Top Mount T3/T4 eBay turbo .63 A/R
Top Feed 1200cc RC injectors.
AFR Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Megan Racing 3Peace Pully Set.
Aftermarket Crack Pully.
Custom Oil Catch Can.
Add Port To Valve Cover For more Venting.
BC 264/272 Cams. ( i don't remember But I think that's what i got)
Is Is top Mount Manifold.
Tail 38mm Waste Gate.
Maga Squirt Stand Alone.

And the badest Tuner on the Planet.
my really good friend is the tuner well known in south Florida and other stats. he tune`s some of the basest cars on the planet. so tuning isnt going to be a problem.

we are aiming for 400whp. were not sure if we will get there do to the fuel pump i might need to run 2 time will tell. also we don't no if the stock sr20 coils will give enough spark at these boost levels.

will be added before we dyno for 400whp
IsIs Intake Manifold
SC61 Top Mount Turbo .63 a/r

I got the Intake here just waiting on the turbo should be here this week.

sorry for the bad photo`s but there night shotz.

heres 1 before the catch can
http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/Thenoob2/97%20kouki/000_0018.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/Thenoob2/IMG_0045.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/Thenoob2/IMG_0040.jpg

ill do what i can as soon as i can to get this going ill update as soon as i move on. 400whp here i come!!

Pinggg
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
who is his bada** tuner you speak of in S.Fl?

94spitfire91
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Good luck lol

Cannonblaster
12-04-2011, 08:19 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ok

SLiDe_WaYz
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
400 on stock block is attainable but stock head,head gasket,ext? No..... You are going to break something regardless of tune.

Kingtal0n
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
I am curious how long it will last until you lose a ring. And apparently there is a 50% chance it will be #2.

honestly I would use the stock headgasket. It will work just fine if the tune is right; If you upgrade the headgasket to any available metal piece, and there is too much ignition timing, instead of blowing the HG you will ruin a ring.

if that is any indication about how fragile those oem rings/ringlands are; a metal HG will deal with the mild pressure spikes, those cast pistons wont.

I would just be happy with 300 and leave it there, thats the safe maximum for that engine IMO. And you will need cams to reach that power at safe boost with pumpgas

BadazzSr20
12-04-2011, 09:57 PM
i can understand how you all feel and how you all are flipping out about me going for 400whp. this has been done alot time and time again

Enjuku did 544 at one time

Scott (Enthalpy) 540whp hp on a stock SR20DET bottom end using a GT3040 turbo and a Motec stand alone system

XAT cars daily drove with well north of 500Rwhp on a stock bottom end

has anyone one of you had a stock sr20det that you pushed to 400whp? if you dont then you cant sit here and claim what will happen and what wont happen. just cause you ready something online about how someone blown there motor cause of making to much boost doesnt make u able to say that the sr20det wont hold.

you dont no how that guy really blow that motor. you dont know what the tuner did or who worked on that car. theres alot of ways you can blow a motor. just cause it blows dont mean that it was the motors fault.

perfect exsample i had a probe gt at 1 time they come stock with 164whp from factory. i turboed it and make close to 330whp on it drove as a DD for over 5years. i have other friends with the same car that made close to 400whp with crapper internals then the sr20 will ever have. so just cause you read something that someone did online doesnt mean thats what going to happen.

sure im not saying that i will goto the dyno and blow the motor at 320whp anything can happen. but in the same respect i can go there and make 400whp. this is a gamble this is how the hobby is. just cause someone says that you cant do something doesnt mean it cant be done.

if thats the case how is all these other guys with worse or less stuff then me going it?

how did Secret service in Tampa got 539whp? 100% stock look it up.

how did enjuku, Phase2, etc. do it?

just cause you read something online doesnt make it true. anyone of you that has solid proof then lets roll with it. i dont mind taking my motors to the limit thats what this is about. trying to be faster and trying to do stuff others has yet to do.

if it blows then ill no first hand it cant be done. but if it doesnt blow then i know first hand it can be done how long do i got before this bomb blows. thats the fun of it for me atlest this isnt going to coast anyone on the board 1cent to see what the out come will be so why not just watch and see what happen.

im just here to share the out come weather or not it can be done. i belive my boy can do it. we might start pulling he might see something while tuneing and stop at 350 380whp who knows. we dont know whats going to happen. i do know everyone says thats 300whp on a sr20 is a time bomb but yet i been doing it with less mods you see listed now. i just upgraded my turbo and injectors and i was doing 325 for over 2years DD.

anyhow, ill keep you all up to date if you like to know stay tuned if u dont care np. im going to see my self if it blows or not.

heres just a few links i found in 10sec of searching
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/sr20de-det/14128-max-hp-sr20det-w-stock-internals.html

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?p=1619104

http://www.drifting.com/forums/tech-discussion-forum/10572-max-hp-from-stock-sr20det-bottom-end.html

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-much-horsepower-can-a-sr20det-stock-handle-t261083.html

http://www.drifting.com/forums/tech-discussion-forum/10572-max-hp-from-stock-sr20det-bottom-end.html

theres a million post pick one they all say the same thing....

EsChassisLove
12-04-2011, 10:15 PM
340lph fuel pump. get one

cant even remember ur cams tho lol

BadazzSr20
12-04-2011, 10:17 PM
lol ya thats how long i had them. i can call enjuku and have them pull up my account to see what i got back then. im sure they still got it on file.

also i heard about this new fuel pump im thinking about just doing 2 255`s " being that i got one already this well have to see once we can get to the dyno and see what happens.

we have alot of locals that are going to show up for this tune. ill make sure i get it on video.

codyace
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Nissan will not be giving a trophy for 400whp stock internals; nor will any of these forum idiots send you donations for making some bullshit quantified number that stands to prove nothign other than 'look at me'.

I owned a 400whp stock engined car. Needless to say one incident caused it to go super lean, and it torched a piston. 5 years later on my CP pistons I've yet to hav ea single issue at the 400whp mark.

At the end of the day, making 400whp on stock internals is such an arbitrary number that even I have become jaded to it, and non impressed. I'd love to see some 120+ traps and 4000 miles a year on it...then I'll look twice. No doubting you, just helping to reconfirm the standard that most of these dyno queens never see the track, see a few street races a year, and change the oil yearly.

FWIW: I'd be more impressed with good tuning and a small turbo...hell there are quite a few 2871r guys on stock exhaust manifold cars (on their stockl engines) that have made that power...granted a small T3 flanged T3/t4 has very similar ability, i'm just sayig it's not like your setup is 'one of a kind' nor 'rare'. Your setup should easily make 400whp, if it doesn't I'll laugh.

EsChassisLove
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Dual 255s is retarded for just 400rw. Now you're reaching attention whore level

Yellow4g63
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
The SC61 will get you to 400whp but it will prob be kinda laggy. I have one with the Stage 5 exhaust wheel and it's not a response champ. You should be able to do 400whp on 16-18psi on pump gas.

BadazzSr20
12-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Nissan will not be giving a trophy for 400whp stock internals; nor will any of these forum idiots send you donations for making some bullshit quantified number that stands to prove nothign other than 'look at me'.

I owned a 400whp stock engined car. Needless to say one incident caused it to go super lean, and it torched a piston. 5 years later on my CP pistons I've yet to hav ea single issue at the 400whp mark.

At the end of the day, making 400whp on stock internals is such an arbitrary number that even I have become jaded to it, and non impressed. I'd love to see some 120+ traps and 4000 miles a year on it...then I'll look twice. No doubting you, just helping to reconfirm the standard that most of these dyno queens never see the track, see a few street races a year, and change the oil yearly.

FWIW: I'd be more impressed with good tuning and a small turbo...hell there are quite a few 2871r guys on stock exhaust manifold cars (on their stockl engines) that have made that power...granted a small T3 flanged T3/t4 has very similar ability, i'm just sayig it's not like your setup is 'one of a kind' nor 'rare'. Your setup should easily make 400whp, if it doesn't I'll laugh.

thats not what im claiming but the first 4 post people saying nag stuff. i have no dbout in my mind of making that power or even more power that 400. im not here to impress anyone im posting up saying its time for 400whp. im bord with 300whp is all im saying a few of u guys are dbouting and saying stuff im just replying tow hat is being said.

you just said it urself "I owned a 400whp stock engined car. Needless to say one incident caused it to go super lean" that to me means that was a tune or driver error to cause that motor to blow.if you didnt have that leaning out problem you might be driving that 400 wheel horse power car right now who know.

im just saying im going for 400whp on stock motor nothing more. i just thought it would be cool to shine alittle light for people to see that the sr20 will hold 400+ wheel all day without being built.

so why not show these people u dont need to build it to get a respectable number.

you yourself did it first hand u leaned out and pop and u ran out and built it. me if i pop it ill run a sr20 again put to 300whp like it is now and im going to go 1j or 2j depending... even if my car holds 400whp all day im still laying money on the side for a 1j or 2j so im just having fun right now.

thats just me everyone has there own dreams and ideas that they want to do i dont knock them. im just here to show that the sr20 will hold 400 wheel.

BadazzSr20
12-04-2011, 10:49 PM
The SC61 will get you to 400whp but it will prob be kinda laggy. I have one with the Stage 5 exhaust wheel and it's not a response champ. You should be able to do 400whp on 16-18psi on pump gas.

thats what we are aim for 18psi 400whp on pump gas :bow:. ya we are going to see if its really bad in lag ill have to back it down to 350whp then i got a nos kit to get me off the line ill do a 50shot just to help spool but ill still be at 400whp.

where thinking we should be at full boost about 4krpms to 4.5krpms should be full boost we are thinking witch wont be that bad. cause if thats the case we can go 2 ways the nos or we can do spring and retainers and push the rpms higher to make up for the late boost.

BadazzSr20
12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Dual 255s is retarded for just 400rw. Now you're reaching attention whore level

hmmm no ever stop to think i already have 1 255 that works prefectly fine. why would i remove it and buy something else when i can just spend 100.00 and do the same job?

Yellow4g63
12-05-2011, 12:06 AM
thats what we are aim for 18psi 400whp on pump gas :bow:. ya we are going to see if its really bad in lag ill have to back it down to 350whp then i got a nos kit to get me off the line ill do a 50shot just to help spool but ill still be at 400whp.

where thinking we should be at full boost about 4krpms to 4.5krpms should be full boost we are thinking witch wont be that bad. cause if thats the case we can go 2 ways the nos or we can do spring and retainers and push the rpms higher to make up for the late boost.

might be more like 5k rpm but i dont remember how they respond on the sr20.

Walperstyle
12-05-2011, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't stress SR internals near or past 400hp. Or any 4 cylinder for that matter. At minimum change rods out.

EsChassisLove
12-05-2011, 06:41 AM
hmmm no ever stop to think i already have 1 255 that works prefectly fine. why would i remove it and buy something else when i can just spend 100.00 and do the same job?

You ever stop to think that you're going to have to do fab work to drop it in there, you're going to need to route more fuel lines and wire it up.

You're going to have to open your gas tank and stick your hand in either way. So why dont you stop being an over achiever and do a 340lph pump.

Heerrrr Ima duuuurrrr

ExiledLakai
12-05-2011, 08:40 AM
If I could get over the grammar nightmare of the OP's posts I'd have something constructive to say but I don't.

jr_ss
12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't stress SR internals near or past 400hp. Or any 4 cylinder for that matter. At minimum change rods out.

Rods? Why the hell bother? Upgrade the hardware and stock rods are good for over 500... Waste of money if you ask me. Regardless, this is a dick swinging contest at most.

BadazzSr20
12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Rods? Why the hell bother? Upgrade the hardware and stock rods are good for over 500... Waste of money if you ask me. Regardless, this is a dick swinging contest at most.

Hell yeah man Like you said the rods will hold I'm not worried about the rods we might have to run race gas that way there's no destination well have to play it by ear and see what happens.

I just want to make 400whp I don't care About anything else I just want that 400whp. I agree with you I'm sure we could make 400 hp with no problem.

shaodome
12-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey Guys....

I'm the guy tuning this POS :picardfp:

I've personally taken stock bottom SR motors over 400whp without much issue and some of them have gone on to run in the 10s (on spray). No head gasket issues yet.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems MANY of the SR guys are using SAFCs as their primary method for tuning...that goes along with head gasket horror stories.

The only thing I'm concerned about on this car before we start cranking up the boost is the amount of blowby going on. In the JZ world, any noticeable blowby and the motor is basically toast, but on a variety of other engines, that is rarely the case, just the nature of the beast. EVERY SR engine I've worked on thus far has had some level of blowby but leakdown results were less than 10% and comp results good. This motor though you can feel the pulses if you pull the oil cap off (car has no MAF)....never checked it against other SR engines....

Can one of you guys go outside and check to see if this is normal on your car? This engine doesn't smoke, there is no visible combustion gases coming out the breather, and the comp results are good. Haven't had a chance to do a leakdown, but it is on the list of things to do before we turn up the power.

The OP is referring to two walbros if we go to e85.

codyace
12-05-2011, 03:08 PM
you just said it urself "I owned a 400whp stock engined car. Needless to say one incident caused it to go super lean" that to me means that was a tune or driver error to cause that motor to blow.if you didnt have that leaning out problem you might be driving that 400 wheel horse power car right now who know.

A random lean incident caused by one of the big injector gromets blowing up out of the manifold caused for instant lean, fuel sprayed all over and needless to say it torched the piston. The other 3 were fine. I did drive it home though.

So not a tune issue, nor anything common...which is why I said 1 little thing to go wrong will toast the setup. FWIW: I've had the same setup since day one, rebuilt it with forged CP's and haven't had an issue since. Same tune, same power (have redynoed it) and countless track sessions/days since then.

im just saying im going for 400whp on stock motor nothing more. i just thought it would be cool to shine alittle light for people to see that the sr20 will hold 400+ wheel all day without being built.

Again, define all day. I promise you 400 whp and being abused daily wont' last long, it's just a matter of time until some poor fuel or some hiccup and it all goes downhill.

As before, you're not going to be getting a trophy from Nissan, Zilvia, or anyone. If 400whp was commonplace on stock stuff, without any issue ever...you'd see EVERYONE doing it...the fact remains that not all engines/tunes are the same, and who knows what sort of life someone's engine may have had previously in Japan/Europe etc etc....it's not something that can be applied across the board.

Either way, write me off as the hater...I'd prefer 'realist'.

SLiDe_WaYz
12-05-2011, 05:11 PM
The guys using a SAFC'S are the cheap guys which 90% of the time blow there shit up when they could have just spent 50$ more on a safe rom tune.

You won't see any high fives or congrats on this forum, it's been done plenty of times before. And no matter how great your tune is, if it's your daily it will give within a year easily on daily driving. It's just a number most SR guys do not care about a dyno number.

If it was like 2004/2005 around there then you would most likely be getting congrats and high fives, also to add Enjuku made 544 on stock block yes, did it last? No. They were also using a great stand alone and not a mega squirt. I'm not hating by any means do what you wish, the engine will give no matter how great the tune is on daily driving.

EsChassisLove
12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Still think ur fucking stupid for thinking dual 255s is easier than a single 340.

codyace
12-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Still think ur fucking stupid for thinking dual 255s is easier than a single 340.

Especially when the new Stealth 340's plop intank just like a 255. Heck he could sell the 255 in the car to some broke ass on the for sale area for 50 bucks atop of it all.

cotbu
12-05-2011, 10:05 PM
XD, Stop peeing on the Thread starter!

BadazzSr20
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
haters will be haters i can ignore :mrmeph:s so its all good ill post when i have an update.

PoorMans180SX
12-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Sorry dude, but this thread is boring.

Nothing new or exciting here, 400whp blah blah.

Maybe if you were running a properly sized turbo or were fabricating some stuff yourself, but this is a pretty cookie-cutter build that we've all seen before.

Not trying to start a fight, just saying. Instead of making a whole new thread for people to bash you in, you could have just posted your results when you were done and proven the same point.

shaodome
12-06-2011, 03:30 PM
They were also using a great stand alone and not a mega squirt. I'm not hating by any means do what you wish, the engine will give no matter how great the tune is on daily driving.

:picardfp:

Clearly you don't have any experience with a properly setup Megasquirt system. "Great Stand Alone" ???? What in all your personal hands on experience makes a stand alone great in your eye? Check out my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/shaodome#p/u) (please ignore the dancing banana :)) for a few examples.

In my real world experience with the Aeromotive stealth 340 pump, it has been less than stellar and definitely not flowing what it was rated...especially as the fuel temps went up. We have a long thread on SupraForums about them, complete with comments back from Aeromotive. When we were testing on the dyno, a lot of time was spent on the phone with them....It is in the same realm as the China walbro knockoffs. I don't know what is involved on the 240 to install a pump (please god tell me you don't have to drop the tank), but I would recommend the new walbro 400 or just put an 044 inline and call it day. Proven daily reliability on the Bosch.

but that's getting off topic.

Pat, has the turbo shipped yet???? This thread is boring without a time slip :fawk2:

SLiDe_WaYz
12-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Out of everything I wrote you catch that. Proper mega squirt? That thing is just as shitty as a safc. Your coming from a supra forum to here. I do not care how great of a tuner you are hisshit is going to lag, and his shit is going to break. End of story, end of thread.

codyace
12-06-2011, 11:31 PM
haters will be haters i can ignore :mrmeph:s so its all good ill post when i have an update.

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/c/c6/YOU_MAD.jpg

Get back at us when you make 400 hp

shaodome
12-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Out of everything I wrote you catch that. Proper mega squirt? That thing is just as shitty as a safc. Your coming from a supra forum to here. I do not care how great of a tuner you are hisshit is going to lag, and his shit is going to break. End of story, end of thread.

Right....when you are tired of being ignorant, take a second to look at the feature set here: Megasquirt Product Comparison (http://msextra.com/feature-xref.html). I challenge you to find me another standalone ecu that is comparable for the price.

Doesn't matter where I'm coming from....it's the internet and this is all serious bidness.

codyace
12-07-2011, 09:34 AM

You do realize MS1 and MS2 boxes have come a long way right?

BadazzSr20
12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
sorry guys i havent been replying come down with a nasty bug. trying to get over it. anyhow i just been updated that the turbo in on its way and should be here friday dec 9.

ill keep you guys update as it gets closer. mean while all the haters i want to thank you for bumping my post being that i wasnt around to do so. :hsdance:

ok also i want to update my list i will be adding in rock arm stoppers before the dyno. so that will be added to my list as well its a smart thing to do.

ok so ill post the as so as i get anymore updates.

thanks you all.

rx7>rx8
12-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I have to wonder, and this might not apply to you seeing as your proving a point with a stock motor. but is it cheaper to build a 400hp sr or bite the bullet and go jz? from your experienceof course. I see lots of cam upgrades usually with the sr20.

John1006
01-10-2012, 02:52 PM
So what's the status on this?

180wanabe1
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM
oh you wanted a similar tunable ecu for around the same price. see nistune my buddy runs it on his drift 240 and it works great, not as much options as megasquirt but theres a reason its so cheap.

Kingtal0n
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I have to wonder, and this might not apply to you seeing as your proving a point with a stock motor. but is it cheaper to build a 400hp sr or bite the bullet and go jz? from your experienceof course. I see lots of cam upgrades usually with the sr20.

Why, thanks for bringing this up. I would love to share my opinion here, with experience.

With Similar reliability please:
1. Built SR20 to withstand 450~ horsepower
2. OEM 2JZ-GTE @ 450~ horsepower

Both engines are reliable at that power level, with the 2jz having the following pros:
A. No ones been inside the engine except the factory
B. Cheaper

Cons:
it weighs more
its harder to install

Now- harder to install is not a CON when we consider that the SR20 must be built, and that means more work for most than just installing a 2JZ calls for.

So Really, it just weighs more. So turn up the boost and have an even 500WHP on pump gas to compensate. The extra displacement also means less lag assuming identical turbochargers, so response will be better and you will have more area under the curve. That means more fun!

HYPNOTIK
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM
*Yawn*

I still don't see what the hype is about the magical 400hp mark. I've been running over 400whp @ 19psi for two years on a completely stock motor other than 256 cams. It's my daily driver and gets beaten on every weekend.

I think it's funny when people read a bunch of BS on the internet then consider themselves subject matter experts when they have no real world experience.

codyace
01-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I think it's funny when people read a bunch of BS on the internet then consider themselves subject matter experts when they have no real world experience.

Forum Folklore (ph)fonies!

Croustibat
01-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Why, thanks for bringing this up. I would love to share my opinion here, with experience.

With Similar reliability please:
1. Built SR20 to withstand 450~ horsepower
2. OEM 2JZ-GTE @ 450~ horsepower

Both engines are reliable at that power level, with the 2jz having the following pros:
A. No ones been inside the engine except the factory
B. Cheaper

Cons:
it weighs more
its harder to install

Now- harder to install is not a CON when we consider that the SR20 must be built, and that means more work for most than just installing a 2JZ calls for.

So Really, it just weighs more. So turn up the boost and have an even 500WHP on pump gas to compensate. The extra displacement also means less lag assuming identical turbochargers, so response will be better and you will have more area under the curve. That means more fun!

The 2JZ also completely messes up car balance, and you will hate how nose heavy it becomes . The only way to get a correct balance with a 2JZ is to cut firewall and bring the engine at least 1 foot in the cabin ... then you have to make a new command for the gearbox as it will be sitting in the rear passengers legs.

To the op >
TBH 400WHP SR is quite common here in europe, as S14 comes with that engine (some S13 in UK too). But those which last have forged internals. performance wise, cams, gt2871r .86, fmic is all you need. A nistune on top of that is tons of times easier to install and set than a megasquirt too. And if you can got the e85 route, that is around 30 to 50 more HP with the proper tune (dont forget injectors ... )

A single walbro is well enough for that power level, too, even on e85 fuel.

Why dont you go on a UK based bbs and see their SR20 builds, to get what works and what does not ?

RaidenKing
01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
You won't see any high fives or congrats on this forum, it's been done plenty of times before. And no matter how great your tune is, if it's your daily it will give within a year easily on daily driving. It's just a number most SR guys do not care about a dyno number.
If it was like 2004/2005 around there then you would most likely be getting congrats and high fives, also to add Enjuku made 544 on stock block yes, did it last? No. They were also using a great stand alone and not a mega squirt. I'm not hating by any means do what you wish, the engine will give no matter how great the tune is on daily driving.

Dependability relies on several variables, I can guarantee if you're a real driver and not a 'street race or drag strip run here and there' type of guy, that you will have the most fun on the corners. Pull a G, push her hard through a turn, just a slight lack of fuel enters the engine, way too much air too many times and you're going to go tick tick boom (or knock knock boom).

Personally I'd be happier with a 325-350 whp tune. I don't know how your setup will handle corners, but thats more than enough to be able to push through the turn with slight trepidation about going too heavy on the throttle.

Otherwise the wash, rinse and repeat stuff about hp #'s and straight line racing is too repetitive.

Keep in mind there are many circumstances that could cause your car to run lean, have you already stated what your goal is with the car? Your goal to do, what you specifically want to use the car for - maybe you will receive more constructive crits that way?

Our cars are light with powerful engines, they were made to be thrown into corners.

shaodome
01-18-2012, 07:24 PM
So took the car to the dyno tonight, the profec-B took a dump on us. Seems the driver for the solenoid is dead.

Coming along really nice so far though. We borrowed a MBC from another car at the dyno for a little while and netted 350whp/285ft lb @ 15.5 psi from the PTE 6157 Journal Bearing turbo.

Shame we are stopping just around 7000rpm as this combo keeps making power. Once the owner gets a new EBC we will go back and push it further.

Remember, this is a 1/4 mile car.

codyace
01-18-2012, 09:30 PM
So took the car to the dyno tonight, the profec-B took a dump on us. Seems the driver for the solenoid is dead.

Coming along really nice so far though. We borrowed a MBC from another car at the dyno for a little while and netted 350whp/285ft lb @ 15.5 psi from the PTE 6157 Journal Bearing turbo.

Shame we are stopping just around 7000rpm as this combo keeps making power. Once the owner gets a new EBC we will go back and push it further.

Remember, this is a 1/4 mile car.

Seems like that turbo is capable of some big HP (and how laggy it seems). I'd say what, you could probably make high 500's/low 600's with it?

shaodome
01-24-2012, 09:13 PM
turbo is good to something north of 500whp, not 600 though.

There is lag, but for this tuning session there was no EBC, just a manual so that adds a little to the spool time since we can't control when the wastegate starts to see pressure. Might take it back there this saturday and go for 18psi.

turbociv910
01-25-2012, 06:00 PM
should invest in a tubular, not bad for low-er boost