PDA

View Full Version : Improve engine cooling (???)

tossaxe
12-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Hello,
Just wondering would removing the AC radiator help with engine cooling? Would it improve FMIC and engine radiator effectivness?

Imarvin240
12-03-2011, 11:18 PM
the less material "obstacles" that air has to go through to get to the radiator, the better cooling possible. If your car is all factory or just minor upgrades, there really isn't a pooint to remove it. Cars from factory are built with a cooling system to combat/deal with those obstacles (i.e large fans, larger radiators, ect.)...but if you already removed some A/C parts, then go ahead and do it. If not, just do a larger radiator if you want to keep your A/C

tossaxe
12-03-2011, 11:28 PM
almost everything , execept engine internals and turbo, will be changed by spring. I'll be looking for 300hp.I'll probably be running 1.2bar and scramble boost set to 1.5.
Well I never use the A/C. Now I have easy acess to it. But if the advantages of removing the whole A/C would be unnoticable, then I'm not wasting my time :)
Looks like I'll remove it =]

xSoCalxRiderx125
12-03-2011, 11:45 PM
You can do ducting to direct airflow to your rad and intercooler. It could only benefit

tossaxe
12-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Yup in in the middle of fabricating one :) Now I was thinking if I'm improving flow before the FMIC and radiator should do something behind as well. Ideally I would want a vent on the hood, V shape the two important coolers and seperate there incoming flow. But for now thats out of the budget =] Now any improvement, that's not just in my head, will do :)

negrosx13
12-04-2011, 02:27 AM
keep your a/c..keep the stock clutch fan and remove the stock a/c fan something more beefy. You'll be fine

hence
Be Cool 75062 - Be Cool Qualifier Fans - Overview - SummitRacing.com (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BCI-75062/)