PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET wont crank/start

imverus
12-03-2011, 04:18 PM
It was working perfectly fine 2 days ago, then i went to go start it a few minutes ago and it wont start. Everything is working, relays clicking, fuel priming, EVERYTHING except not cranking/starting.. The battery is fully charged, i swapped out ignitor chip, unplugged maf. It's weird cause it was working perfectly fine the other day and it sat for 2 days and now it wont start. please help!

colombianbryan
12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
did you try to do any upgrades since the night before?

anarchyperf
12-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Is the starter signal wire still on the starter? They have a tendency to pop off

imverus
12-03-2011, 09:23 PM
did you try to do any upgrades since the night before?

all i did was try and hook up my lower engine harness to the reverse lamp switch on the tranny and it didn't work. I honestly didn't unplug anything just looked if there was a plug that would connect but it didn't.

Is the starter signal wire still on the starter? They have a tendency to pop off

yea the starter wire's still there, that's the first thing i checked lol.. I didn't unplug anything or upgrade anything.. Simply just tried looking for a plug for the reverse switch but couldnt find one and left it alone..

imverus
12-04-2011, 11:08 AM
bump! please help!

colombianbryan
12-04-2011, 01:55 PM
hmmm did you remove any fuel lines or anything to get to your harness or even remove grounds? they could be a big reason why your car doesnt want to start up

imverus
12-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I replaced the fuel filter, all lines were connected back together properly and there's no kinked lines.. The motor won't even turn/crank. I'm gonna check out my starter again for loose wiring. I know it has something to do with the starter.. I also have all this white corrosion on the starter, is that a bad thing?