PDA

View Full Version : overheating

Billiam151
12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey there! just recently having this issue and its the winter time, go figure.. I have a stock 90 s13 and had to replace the alternator. had to remove all the stuff in the way which I ended up taking off the radiator just to make it easier and faster..

After the reinstall I started having issues with the car overheating and actually causing a hose to start to leak.. coolant what spewing from the overflow and the hose..

Replaced the hose and thought was all good, well after driving a bit same thing happened again with the coolant spewing from the overflow, so this time I replaced the thermostat.

Now the temp seems to shoot up when i do not run my heater, if I run the heater full blast then it does keep the temp down but I really dont need to keep it at full blast but have to so the temp stays in the "Normal" area....

btw, the radiator does have a shit load of chunky stuff in it maybe from being so frickin old and I have not done a flush on it which is my next thought. I am thinking maybe the chunks wont allow the themostat to open or something..

Any Ideas? sort of getting annoying and would like to put this issue to rest..

Thanks,

Billiam

kelvin9274
12-02-2011, 05:55 PM
i would do a really good flush first, then burp her...those are picky engines when it comes to air bubbles

jedi03
12-03-2011, 07:34 PM
ya do a good clean...think walmart has a flush an fill kit...flush till no more gunk in there an fill with nice clean water

SlideOrDie831
12-03-2011, 08:00 PM
flush it and make sure your bleed the system.

tacotaco
12-03-2011, 08:09 PM
+1 sounds like multiple bubbles in the system. if you dont bleed your cooling system properly things like that happen. i blew my radiator the first time i flushed my system. ended with a new radiator though ahah. gl

Sr20Bluebird
12-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Very important, Ya gotta burp um like a newborn baby :)

Project S13
12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
These guys speak the truth gotta bleed the cooling system. Google it always helps me when in doubt.

Billiam151
12-04-2011, 01:00 AM
looks like its a good flushing and burp!

Thanks, I will let you know how it turns out...