PDA

View Full Version : S14 ABS Driveshaft question, need insight.

Lukasss
11-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Ok, so, I cant seem to get a straight forward answer on this.

I have an 95 S14 with ABS, I bought it automatic, and it has the factory LSD.
I currently have everything to swap it over to manual, with the exception of a 5 speed ABS driveshaft.

My question is this; Since its nearly impossible to find this driveshaft what should I do?

Obviously my options are having one made, but, Ive heard (but cant confirm) of people shortening Non-ABS driveshafts, and rebalancing, to accommodate for the lack of length on the ABS driveshafts.

Anyways, whatever. Suggest what you will or if there is anything else.
Thanks

silver350z05rb
11-30-2011, 10:25 PM
mhhh i didnt know they were impossible to find,seriously i didnt, but then again i dont have a ABS car, so my best guess would be to get an aftermarket one and let them know the car is an ABS car, lets see what other people have to say,maybe someone has one for sale

xs420240sx
11-30-2011, 10:58 PM
i think your best bet is to rip out all the abs stuff or get a one piece made locally. a 240 with abs has pretty specific parts that have to be installed on it and a lot of those parts arent interchangeable with the non-abs ones. driveshaft included. even if you found a 5 speed non-abs driveshaft, i think you would have to swap the vlsd out too. so if you wanna keep the vlsd, get a driveshaft custom made for your setup

thinhthan
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
if i remember correctly i think you can use the front half of the non abs manual and use the bottom half of your auto abs and put it together

alto832
11-10-2012, 07:23 AM
What I did was
I just change the front Piece of the drive shaft my original drive shaft for the 5 speed one to make it fit on the transmission ofcorse and cut the brake pedal ;) I'm a cheap mofo
Still able to keep my VLSD