PDA

View Full Version : heres a little different combo....opinions/ anyone with experience

chris952jz
11-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Okay for my build I'm compiling the list of what I will need. Now I am going to be doing a 2jz swap into my s14. accordingly i know i can run a 1jz bell housing with the r154 transmission. now I'm going to end up likely using the q45 rear with the 3.54 or z32TT 3.70 rear ratio. In turn I should be able to pull very hard in each gear while maintain a lower rpm for regular highway driving or say a longer trip. But while searching the supraforums I came across a different transmission setup that in turn may suit for better driving. Instead of using the 5 speed r154, how about using a t56 6 speed. The way I see it (and I am no trans/gear genius, I'm just going off what I can make sense of) you can have slightly more pull through the gears and if you're in say 50 mph traffic the t56 in my opinion may be better to keep you from jugging the engine too much, but when at a higher speed you still can keep the low rpm cruising and likely get much better economy over the 5 speed. I don't know if this is me overthinking it but if anyone has any insight on this idea, please chime in because I'm considering doing it with my swap just to be different.......I'm trying to figure out if it will hurt it or maybe even help it and make it more fun to drive even with the extra shift which I am not worried about.

chris952jz
12-01-2011, 08:43 PM
anyone have any info to put in on this idea?