PDA

View Full Version : cyl #4 misfiring (ka24de)

joemon
11-27-2011, 01:01 PM
my 91 ka24de all stock the other day while i was driving started misfiring while going home.
symptoms are:
really rough idle
great loss of power
sounds like a sti
little white smoke out the tail pipe
no check engine light on

i checked and adjusted timing back to stock
getting all spark (but noticed my spark plugs black)
no arcing in spark plug wires (good)
dizzy good working order
coil good working order

next i pulled plugs out with car on and cyl#4 had no change

next i checked the injector wire plugs and all were plugged in
so i pulled each off with car on and again no change in cyl#4

next i checked the resistants of each plug and plugs 1-3 all resistant except #4

so all testing is pointing to cyl#4 injector...

now im asking is it just the wire bad (power from ecu or ground)
or
bad injector mechanicly not in working order..

if its a wireing problem can some1 direct me to a wiring diagram for the wiring of the injector
or
another way to patch this up for now (wire bypass or splicing to another wire)

yes i have searched here and google and other 240sx sites

any help would b nice

-thanx guys

joemon
11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
ok i just swaped my cyl #4 injector with cyl #1 (easier to get to) and now my cyl #4 is working now but Cyl #1 is not working

so i went to pick n pull but the 2 240sx they had all had motors gone out of them.

is there other injectors from other cars i can use that pick n pull will have cars for?

tacotaco
11-28-2011, 09:25 PM
any sentra or even nissan truck with a ka24de

silver350z05rb
11-28-2011, 10:11 PM
good researching and diagnostics!!!! you dont want to dump too much fuel into the cylinder, it will eat away at your rings,try not to drive it(if you can) so much till you get a new/used injector,also auto part stores sell them. or pull all 4 from the junkyard if you happen to find a ka24de and for cheaper you ll have 3 spare ones(if any of the 4 used ones work)

future
11-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Smart guy. I thought we were going to have to spoon feed you like everybody else on here

joemon
12-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Ok I just broke down and bought a new fuel injecter now gotta save up for the other 3 new ones
Sux when u r jobless

silver350z05rb
12-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Since your broken down,pull all injectors out and check the o rings on then....the big one on top,the small one on the bottom,and then theres always the o ring that the fuel rail sits on.its common for the 4th injector to eat the small o ring,hopefully thats ur issue and the o ring is less than $2

waxball88
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Injector o-rings or a stuck injector.
That is your issue
99% sure.