12-18-2003, 10:09 PM
http://www.nasaracing.net/2004.shtml

W00T! Probably won't get to go to VIR full though.. :(

12-19-2003, 10:25 AM
how come?

i'm definitely gonna try to make it there feb 21st :D

sykikchimp
12-19-2003, 11:56 AM
well, I'm going to try.. I'm going to Amsterdam March 4-10, so I have to save $$.. If I got enough for track time, AND ams, then I'm doing it.

charles - who wishes money grew on trees..

DS 240R
12-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah, and NASA-VA is now running the SE-R Cup, so that means you can run your SR powered 240 in the SRX class.

12-21-2003, 12:11 PM
oooh amsterdam, hehe. that place is so fun. yea, if i were you, i'd definitely take amsterdam over vir, hehe. hope you can muster up the money to get to both

HippoSleek
12-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Charles-

Don't rule out other groups that run VIR. I know that Mazda club has a school there in April-ish and Car Guys generally has a date in spring. Both of these groups will usually get you more track time than NASA with the same instructors. There are no races to watch, but you also don't pay for it with lost track time, oil-dri delays, etc.

I like NASA and started there, but I'd guess you get about 1 hour more track time over a 2-day weekend [NASA = about 2.5 (3x25 min. max/day) = 150 min./wkend; CarGuys I got about 3 (1 ea. 40, 25, 25, 20 min./day) = 220 min./wkend.] You do pay a bit more (probably proportionate to the extra time you get), but considering the cost of the trip, hotel, etc. I think it is worth it. B/c of scheduling, I didn't do a single NASA weekend last year and I can't say I regret it in the least.

sykikchimp
12-29-2003, 10:19 AM
you know, I was thinking the same thing. Car guys tends to be a touch too pricey though. I think I might try to run with THSCC. I'll check out the mazda group too.

Are you racing this season?

hurleyboi514
12-30-2003, 12:49 AM
im certainly gonna make it out to a few events. i plan on doing 4, but if possible, more! :) i hope to have all mods finished up by late march, early april. that gives me enough time for the new suspension, a cage, and a few little things id like to get done. (header, cams, a little fuel tuning i hope).

sykikchimp
12-30-2003, 08:21 AM
Very good! 240's should make a good east coast showing this year!

Ken, I'm hoping to have a roll bar in the car late march, early april. Hopefully you can make it to Intermediate before the end of this year so we can 'play' lol. :)

HippoSleek
12-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I definately recommend some of the other groups. After the P1 discounts last year, my 3 day car guys school was, something like $500. NASA is $300 for a two day deal -- or would be $450 is a 3 day was offered. But for the extra $50, I got roughly 330 min. vs. 225 min. That's more than 1.5 extra hours on track for $50. Like I said, pricey - yes - but totally worth it.

But no, I won't be racing this year (or likely next). I didn't do too many events this year b/c of work, so I'm still stuck in int. w/ the rest of the world. Not to mention that my GF will be sporting a lovely SM on her finger and I should own a home by the end of the year (whether I can afford a garage is another issue...). I'll keep you posted on events I hear about. Of course, I might have to push to move up to group 3 just so you won't roll me with that hp/tq monster!
Mark (who rolled a 355 this year... sadly).

sykikchimp
12-30-2003, 02:28 PM
LOL.. roll you. that's a good one. Were you tracking the Miata?

I totally forgot about the p1 discount.. I hear so many good things about Car guys.. I have to do an event with them. We'll see.

So.. your selling the SM, and buying a rock for that w0man of yours? good for you.. I think? J/K :coolugh:

Hopefully some racing will be in your near future, that is if your lady likes her man happy. ;)

hurleyboi514
12-30-2003, 04:14 PM
yah, charles has it best, his girl wants to race too! :) thats awesome... i just stay single for financial reasons, that keeps the racing budget under control, haha! im sure ill settle down and find a girl someday, but for now, screw it...

btw, what roll bar are you gonna run? autopower? custom? im looking at my options right now... ill probably just run a 4 point, but if i get a sweet deal on a 6 point, ill run it. and trust me, if i can get up into advanced quickly, ill be right on your tail! :D

HippoSleek
12-31-2003, 07:54 AM
YIKES! Two racers in one household -- I hope Charles has a big a55 money tree! I'll settle for pit-crew... I just need to get her into one of those Sparco pit suits they show in the ads ;)

Yeah, I guarantee you'll roll my Meeotor in a 240. When I was at VIR this summer running yellow/int. group, I think the only cars I got a point from were a mini, a CRX, and an F355 :D . When I was out playing with my buddy Mike (guy w/ black Si), we had a lot of fun in the corners, but those always ended in a straight where he would just walk me above 90 mph. I imagine a 240 would be about the same. Funny thing is that when you run with a bunch of guys who a) know what they are doing and b) have 50-400 hp on you, you tend to get used to pointing. I did get to go out and play w/ a couple of instructors in SM's in a couple of sessions though -- I was on pace (w/ 10 more hp) except for the flat esses and the roller coaster (R compounds 0wNz3d me).

And no, there is no selling of the Miata... it's just that the ring fund could be used to turn my street car into a well prepared SM. Rest assured, once I get the big ticket items out of the way, the race schedule will return with a vengence.

But seriously, Jack usually posts up the CarGuys schedule w/ the P1 discount a couple times a year. I'll keep you posted. Take advantage!

nrcooled
01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
I know that Mazda club has a school there in April-ish and Car Guys generally has a date in spring. Both of these groups will usually get you more track time than NASA with the same instructors. There are no races to watch, but you also don't pay for it with lost track time, oil-dri delays, etc

Me and the wife will be attending the Mazda Club event at VIR in March. If anyone is interested please sign up and we can meet-up down there or something.

I have to fix a few things on the 240 but the wife can't wait to get the MSP running around down there.

Hopefully you guys will be able to make it though.

Bakari- who can't wait to track whore this season...with the money tree I stole from Charles:D

HippoSleek
01-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by nrcooled
Me and the wife will be attending the Mazda Club event at VIR in March. If anyone is interested please sign up and we can meet-up down there or something.
Did you already sign up? I didn't see anything about it on the site, but I was at PBC recently and heard Pete talking about it.

Either way, I plan to be there w/ the Miata (240 is finally gone) looking for playmates (since I'm the slowest car in my group at most other events). If you have any info shoot me an email at my zilvia username at hotmail. I'm planning on going and want to make sure I don't miss the sign-up.

nrcooled
01-13-2004, 02:50 PM
To all interested:

I am an idiot and forgot to post the link

Mazda club vir session (http://www.mazdadrivers.com/application.html)

registration opened yesterday so get in early to snatch a spot. I will be signing up Friday.

sykikchimp
01-13-2004, 03:22 PM
well shit.. If you guys are going.. I HAVE to go..

Rachel's been begging for some track time anyways. I'll see about signing up for the mazda event asap.

nrcooled
01-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey guys - this is Amber. I can't wait to see you all again. I am so excited to get my car out on the track and see what it can do. Bakari keeps me informed of all of your upgrades, Charles (Chuckie), and I am glad, Mark, that you decided to come out. It's been a long time. Same plan as last time I am hoping... lots of beer at the hotel??? See you all soon.

hurleyboi514
01-13-2004, 09:33 PM
mmmmm.... racing, then a hotel stockpiled w/ beer?? what could be better??? :)

sykikchimp
01-13-2004, 10:23 PM
:boink: :boink: :boink:

01-14-2004, 10:56 PM
sh!t... like charles said, if everyone's going, i'll be there too, hehe. right now i really want to make it up to VIR for 02/22, just cuz it's VIR. i think i can probably muster up enough money to go to other track events. just gimme name and place, and we can have a mini-east coast meet, hehe

nrcooled
01-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Hey 019,
The more the merrier! This will be a blast.

I will be making reservations for a place to stay pretty soon and I will keep everyone updated so we can all stay in the same place. Or possibly share rooms to save cash.

Me and the wife are not included in this due to "privacy issues":boink:

HippoSleek
01-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info Bakari -- I just signed up.

Okay, if Amber or Rachel rolls me, it will only be b/c I'm out there in a girl's car :o Either way though, it will be good to see you all again -- it has been a while since the Zilvia gang hit the track. If only we could get Dave to show, it would be complete!

THE hotel is now the Sleep Inn. It's about one year old and it was still clean and nice when I was there last year. It is on the edge of Danville, about 5 mi. closer to the track (with nothing but smooth roads between the two! ). Plus, it has a grocery store, CVS, and decent restaurant all w/n easy walking distance. Granted, the Danville yokels don't cruise it (yet? ), but it is so much nicer.

I'll check with Mike (formerly owner of the black Si that recently vanished in the night and was replaced by an E30) to see if he's up. But b/n a car and a condo purchase, he might not be coming. If so, I'm looking for a roomie if anyone else is flying solo.

Either way, it's going to be a blast.

BTW: Bakari -- I thought Mazda club had VIR full or maybe even the Grand Circuit? VIR-N is good, but full is better (Grand would be grrrreat! ). If I recall Pete correctly, he was talking about running Beginner on S for 1/2 the first day, then opening up the full track after lunch.

sykikchimp
01-15-2004, 10:04 AM
whats the grand circuit?

I like both Full, and north.. the rollercoaster, and the essess's are both very much fun. I like 8-10 north too. awesome..

ok.. really the whole track rocks..

I have more trouble with 1-3 than any other place on that track.

HippoSleek
01-15-2004, 10:44 AM
I wish I could find the map that really shows it off. But if you look at the main course map, there are the two crossovers used for N and S. There is also a crossover b/n those that connects 11 from N to 2 in S.

I have problems in 1/2 and the Roller Coaster -- I don't take them fast enough and I seem to muff shifts too often. Few things more humbling than being behind an SM down the straight and then having it lose me b/f hog pen or T-3. (granted RA1's would help).

sykikchimp
01-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by HippoSleek
I wish I could find the map that really shows it off. But if you look at the main course map, there are the two crossovers used for N and S. There is also a crossover b/n those that connects 11 from N to 2 in S.

so basically it's full course with all three cross-overs built in? like this!?

Steeles
01-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Man I gotta hit some of these events. at least to watch/hang/pit crew. Im hoping to get the car together next month (taking time out for Mardi Gras though) but new coilovers and wheels and the fuel for the new turbo are coming soon. gotta start marking these things on my calender.

dont forget Road Atlanta May 8-9th with speedtrials. :) I had Soooooooo much fun on that course last time.

man I need more money. who wants to rob a bank?

nrcooled
01-15-2004, 11:59 AM
I have squished the "more power" bug for the "better driver" bug. Plus my 14 year old chassis has been giving me some issues.

New:
Tie Rods
Heater Core
Bushings

Old cars suck!:hammer: j/k

Steeles
01-15-2004, 12:52 PM
hahah the only reason Im worried about more power is I've had this turbo sitting under my desk for almost a year now. lol. but yeah it's mostly repair time and tighten the nut behind the wheel time this year.

sykikchimp
01-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Steeles
hahah the only reason Im worried about more power is I've had this turbo sitting under my desk for almost a year now. lol. but yeah it's mostly repair time and tighten the nut behind the wheel time this year.

LOL.. you need to be the one out driving your car at the event's instead of everyone else!

I thought Speedtrial wasn't operating on the East Coast anymore?

Steeles
01-15-2004, 02:06 PM
hahah yeah well just didnt feel like driving that day. no more though.

I think its speedtrial... check the meets and gatherings thing ON Fa about the east coast meet that Russ put up.

01-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by nrcooled
I have squished the "more power" bug for the "better driver" bug.

same here!! oh wait.... my car never WAS fast... stock ka rules!! haha.

yea, i'll sign up for the the mazda one, since everyone's going there, hehe. this ought to be awesome. i also have friends that live in richmond if needed, but if everyone's staying at a hotel, might as well all hang out.

steeles, you gotta come man! it's not that far away, hehe. it's like 3 hrs. just about as far as for me.

nrcooled
01-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Danville is not really close to Richmond at all. You would have to wake up so early to get to Danville from Richmond for the morining sessions. I don't think you would enjoy yourself.

01-18-2004, 12:23 PM
i don't really know how far danville is from richmond. i'd figured it could be a place to crash, hehe. what time are the sessions? did anyone sign up yet? i'm planning on signing up at the end of the week, as well as sending the money in at the end of the week since that's payday ;)

Steeles
01-18-2004, 01:14 PM
wait the 21st of Feb... crap I'll be at Mardi Gras :) hehe I'll drink one for you guys. or two or three... crap I gotta get the vid cam fixed.. I need a second job.

DSC
01-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Hey guys you should check out the OH/IN schedule also since some of their tracks are pretty close to the VA region tracks.
http://www.racenasa.com/events.htm

I definitely won't be ready by Feb for VIR :( but hopefully august at mid-ohio...you all should come up.

Theres a national Honda Challenge (echc, mwhc, wchc, etc...) race up there in august at mid-ohio. Would make for a fun time when your not on track. I'm doing what I can to have a car ready by august for this event...I'll just be doing a normal HPDE with a 240sx. I'm gona have to harass the NE 240sx people to sign up for this hpde too.

sykikchimp
01-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Nasa has VIR booked 21-22nd on their site.. but here: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=43853
they say they are using VIR?? what gives?

01-22-2004, 09:24 AM
it says it's on the "patriot course which sits inside the full course". did they add a section in the middle? i can't see anything referring to the patriot course in the track layout, unless they're referring to the autocross section.

but anyways... i just signed up for the mda event and will be sending the money out this week :D

sykikchimp
01-22-2004, 10:01 AM
cool. I'm going to email NASA..

HippoSleek
01-22-2004, 11:05 AM
I think the Patriot Course is similar to the "Grand" course in that it uses the crossovers in interesting ways. I know that used that section when NASA did the drift stuff last fall. And yes Charles, that is the grand course map. Oh dat would be sweet!

Dave: it's a shame we won't see you out there. I'll consider the Mid-Ohio event. I've heard good stuff about NASA-OH events and the chance to meet up w/ bbp would be cool.

We should also see if Matt (uuninja) or Ryan (akadriver) are up. I think with them, we would have about every 240 in the region that has attended a track event in the last two years! (well, if Joe McG shows up to instruct).

Steeles: did MG last year. Bring an extra liver. I actually went days drinking nothing but beer and hurricanes. There are many track days each year, but only one week of Mardi Gras.

And I think SpeedTrial may return to the east, just not the mid-atlantic region.

AKADriver
01-22-2004, 12:58 PM
My 240SX is doooown for the count. Way too much work needs to get done before I'd put it on a track again.

I'm not off the track forever, though - I'm looking to get into something else this year. Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon and get a Miata :P

sykikchimp
01-22-2004, 03:28 PM
why not bring out the Protege? I hear the 5's are pretty track worthy!

nrcooled
01-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah Ryan bring the 5! We're bringing our Protege

HippoSleek
01-23-2004, 08:21 AM
I mean, hell, it is a MAZDA club event, right?

*edit* And mock the bandwagon all you want, but if you get one you'll be wondering why you ever owned anything else (until you need to pick someone up at the airport or go shopping).

Steeles
01-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Steeles: did MG last year. Bring an extra liver. I actually went days drinking nothing but beer and hurricanes. There are many track days each year, but only one week of Mardi Gras.

my third MG... yeah it's crazy my first one i actually found myself on my 30th hour of conciousness and still drinking... too much.. I am so glad I was never into drugs... I dont think i would have survived

AKADriver
01-23-2004, 11:22 PM
I mean, hell, it is a MAZDA club event, right?

*edit* And mock the bandwagon all you want, but if you get one you'll be wondering why you ever owned anything else (until you need to pick someone up at the airport or go shopping).

At which point I'd hop in my little silver wagon :D I'd get some cheap 1.6 liter as a second car, not a new one as an only car. I was joking about the bandwagon. I looove the Miata. It's the first car that ever made me want to break my "no convertibles" rule.

Oil change, fresh brake fluid, and fresh pads and the P5 would be ready to go... I'm thinking about it.

sykikchimp
01-24-2004, 12:17 AM
sometimes I change my brake fluid more than my oil..

HippoSleek
01-24-2004, 12:05 PM
No convertibles rule? Bah! My first real car was a vert and my current car is a vert. I don't know how I ever got used to a tin-top (actually, it was after I'd been away a year at college in the east and hadn't driven the bug). A little cowl shake here an there and, sure, you get wet when it rains (top up too), but on a car like the miata -- built only as a vert -- you don't suffer like you do with most. I agree though -- I couldn't own a miata solely (gf has 4dr, fwd that I took to work today b/c of the snow), but as a toy, it kicks ass!

And I have seen a P5 at an event and I'd wager at least one of them will be at this event. You have no excuse, really.

If you're coming though, save the money and mail it in this week. I'm registered and my check has been mailed.

HippoSleek
02-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Anybody have a status update? I sent it my stuff about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Others?

BTW: If anyone needs a set of front pads, I have a set of Panther Plus pads w/ one track weekend on them that I have no use for. They fit a non-abs SE (which I think is the same fitment for all 89-96 non-abs cars). Shoot me an email at my screenname at hotmail if you are interested.

nrcooled
02-16-2004, 04:24 PM
I would e-mail Dave at [email protected] He was really helpful to us when we had questions. We also got an email confirming our payment about a week ago. Email him and get your confirmation.

BTW-They still haven't cashed the check that we sent.

I would take those pads off your hands but I have ABS :(

02-16-2004, 07:06 PM
yea i got my confirmation a week or 2 ago, and not they haven't cashed my check either. i'm making sure that i'm keeping enough money in my checkings acct so there's no bounced check, hehe.

so who else is going?

HippoSleek
03-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Okay, I'm confirmed and it looks like my regular DE partner has blown too much money rennovating his new condo to drive his car for a while.

Does anyone need a roommate? The best hotel is town $89/night and the Innkeeper is $56/. I'm fine either way and not adverse to being 5 miles closer w/o the torn up roads, w/ a nice restaurant next door, in a hotel built _after_ the Nixon administration.

Either way, let me know if anyone is looking...
Mark

nrcooled
03-02-2004, 08:16 AM
We are still looking for a place to stay. It would be nice to all be in the same location like last time so we won't have stragglers and lost souls roaming around S. VA.

Whichever is closest would be my preference. Let me know when you make reservations so we can get in also

03-02-2004, 09:04 AM
ditto. i don't really care where we stay, as long as it's not too expensive and we're all in the same location.

nrcooled
03-04-2004, 07:17 AM
Edit to the post above:
This is the event headquarters information:

Evening Event Headquarters

Comfort Inn and Suites (formerly Howard Johnson), Danville, Virrginia
Special group rate 1-4 people, $73/night
Block of rooms reserved for Friday, March 26 and Saturday, March 27
Need to mention "Mazda Drivers Association" to receive group rate
Tech Inspections Friday night starting at 5:30PM in Comfort Inn parking lot
A large school convention is also scheduled for Danville that weekend, recommend reserving your room early
Comfort Inn Danville VA 434-793-2000

nrcooled
03-04-2004, 07:33 AM
We have made reservations for the Comfort Inn for the weekend. I would suggest that you get your reservations in now. They are filling up fast!

HippoSleek
03-04-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm still looking for a roommate on H-T and I'm not sure yet where I'll be staying.

I'll probably save the $20/night and stay at the 'keeper if I go solo. If I get a roomie, I'll either spring for the bling at Sleep ($90/) or settle for the (hotel motel) Holiday Inn Express for $75/. Both are newer, closer, and not in the center of the $hithole that is Danville. Com Inn and the 'keeper are right next door, so hillarity will still ensue. ;)

nrcooled
03-04-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm still looking for a roommate on H-T and I'm not sure yet where I'll be staying.

I'll probably save the $20/night and stay at the 'keeper if I go solo. If I get a roomie, I'll either spring for the bling at Sleep ($90/) or settle for the (hotel motel) Holiday Inn Express for $75/. Both are newer, closer, and not in the center of the $hithole that is Danville. Com Inn and the 'keeper are right next door, so hillarity will still ensue. ;)

Very cool! Can't wait to see you down there.

We will be leaving Springfield at 1:00 (scooting out of work early) and heading down to Richmond to drop my daughter off at my Mom's place then we should be in Danville at about 6-7pm. I will have my cell phone on me and I will PM you my number Mark so we can meet up.

Is the 'Chimp still going?

Where's Chuck been?

03-06-2004, 07:49 PM
i believe charley's in germany at this time, hehe. haven't seen him on too much.

i'm still trying to debate where to stay, heh. odds are i'll probably end up at comfort inn.

nrcooled
03-08-2004, 06:10 AM
You better get in quick if you do want to stay at the Comfort Inn the rooms are filling up quick due to another convention that is going at the same time.

HippoSleek
03-09-2004, 07:12 AM
I think I have a roommate, so now I only have one more problem -- transporting my EzUp in the Miata. :duh:

Bakari - are youse taking down two cars and/or do you have room for a 4'x1'x1' box? You can share my shade if you'll be a transport. The only other DC person I know going is also in a Miata.

03-10-2004, 08:45 AM
ok, the comfort inn is booked.. doh... hipposleek, where you staying? can you get me the phone # of that place?

HippoSleek
03-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Oops. Sorry for the delay. I'm staying at the Sleep Inn. 434.793.6090. Holiday Inn Express is also usually a good choice. A word of caution -- call these places directly. Expedia shows them as booked, but I called and got a room (this is the 3rd time I've done that at Sleep).

The local cheapie place (Innkeeper West) is also located right across from the Comfort Inn, afaik.

nrcooled
03-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Mark,
I can carry it down. Just give me a e-mail and we can set something up.

[email protected]

sykikchimp
03-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Regretably, I will not be attending this event, and have no idea if I will be attending any more events in the near future (about 1 year).. :(

Rachel is going to quit her job and go to school full time in the Fall, and I've got to start getting things straight so I can support her and me.

I will hopefully get to the track once or twice this year, but no idea.

Have fun guys, I might try to make a trip up to hang out. We will see.

03-16-2004, 09:10 AM
thanks a lot hipposleek, i just booked a room at sleep inn. glad that they still have rooms.

sad to hear that charles. but that's all good. it's for a good cause, hehe. if you can make it up next week, i might still have space in my room if you want. still not sure who else is gonna come and watch for the weekend so...

Steeles
03-16-2004, 09:20 AM
hey chimp once shes done make her support you for a year.. quit your job and race full time :) lol tell her good luck from me and good luck to you mang!

sykikchimp
03-16-2004, 09:39 AM
thanks! I'll definately tell her. I have a sweeter deal worked out.. I support her for 1 year, then she gets a good job, and she supports me for 3 so I can finish my degree! w00t!

Steeles
03-16-2004, 10:54 AM
lol hey whatever works man!

HippoSleek
03-17-2004, 06:23 AM
019 -- glad to hear you got a room. Sleep is the best hotel in Danville as it is only about 2 years old, is closest to the track, and has a grocery, CVS, and steakhouse next door. Although the odds of getting invited up to a pot party with a bunch of 17 year olds is much lower than at the keeper ;)

Charles -- sad to hear you won't be up and driving, but it sounds like a better decision in the long run. I have Travis busting my balls over not racing this year b/c I decided that I needed to get engaged, buy a house, and get married. At present, my gf... err.. fiance... is rolling around with a turnkey SM on her hand and I hope to buy a place in a few months (downpayment = turnkey SM #2). I could have gone racing -- in a big way! -- but decided that some things really ARE more important than the car thing.

Bakari -- thanks maeng. You've got mail!

AKADriver
03-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Just a random update...

I might be back this season - rolling a 6th gen Civic CX, bone stock - for now. It's actually a serious blast to drive except for the 3.7 final drive. Manual steering owns me.

I'm not sure if I'm even going to buy it yet, but I'm excited :)

HippoSleek
03-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Ugh - bone stock CX? Why?

I should hopefully be leaving DC tomorrow befoer 3. I still need to put in my harnesses and my driving seat, but the seat at least, Ain't going in until Danville. I have no EzUp, so that sucks -- just have to rely on the weather.

Since I guess it will be easier to find the guys in the 240s than the guy in the Miata, I'll have to look ya'll up on Saturday.

Happy motoring,
mark

AKADriver
03-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Haha, well, my 240SX is rusty, we know that. I'm trading it plus a little cash for the Civic. My friend needs the little cash for the spring, then after he graduates, his trust fund vests, he starts work, and he's got a deposit down on an Evolution RS.

It's a total cream puff, enthusiast-owned, maintained beyond anally.

The 6th gen CX is actually decent. They dropped the 70hp engine after 1995. It has the 106hp engine from the DX. The power-to-weight is about the same as my Protege.

From the times I've driven it, it really doesn't need much. Besides, it's a Civic - the speed parts are so cheap they'll make you cry. Not that I plan on doing much. Civic EX 4.25:1 gearbox, KYB AGX, H&R Sport, Civic Si front bar, 22mm rear bar with a subframe brace, camber adjustment, decent tires - that's all it needs to be serious fun. Ground Controls, Konis, and keeping the stock gears would make it competitive, but motorsports for me has always been about enjoying cars more than anything.

HippoSleek
03-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Bakari, Amber, & Ukann-

Good to see you guys down there. I don't know whether you ended up staying for your last session, but I wound up leaving without saying goodbye. I had a great last session and had some quality play time with a couple of Miatas. That track is really too much fun. The only drawback was the 250 mile drive home with two tires w/ flat spots :( -- damb my car's loud now.

Hopefully some of the vid and pics turned out well. Also, here are some other pics from the event (not too many of your group b/c he was instructing in it).

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287315301

SX_Tasy
03-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Mark, thanks so much for being our photographer/videographer. I honestly had a blast. I can't ever remember having that much fun. There's nothing in the world like a 24 minute adrenaline rush! It was great seeing you again. I am going to talk to Bakari about Summit in August. Ukann - great meeting you. A monster has obviously been created!!!

nrcooled
03-29-2004, 11:47 AM
I definately had a great time and hope to do it again fairly soon. I just have to reassemble my car and get the turbo to stay on the exh. manifold before my next outing so I can actually attend class and relax between sessions

03-30-2004, 09:12 AM
it was definitely an extremely fun weekend. it's been great meeting with mark, amber, and bakari. bill, hank, and i stayed for the last session, where they combined C & D together. i wasn't sure if you had left, mark, so i took off. i'm definitely looking forward to getting back on the track again. summit point in august!!

bakari, hopefully you'll get that turbo fixed up and then get some brakes ;)

sykikchimp
03-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Nice pics Mark! WTH happened to those azenis? looks like some serious over heating..

Glad you guys had fun.
Wish I could have been there.

HippoSleek
03-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Ukann- I hope your last session was as fun as mine! You were probably on the false grid when I came back in. Once I hit the pits, I busted my hump to get my stuff packed and to get out of there. But now that you've had a hit off the go-fast-crack-pipe, I'm sure I'll see you later this year. Post your pics somewhere if there are any decent ones. (BTW: your camera rocks)

Amber and Bakari - Ditto on the pics. I hope the video didnt' make you sea sick. It's not as easy to follow a car as I might have imagined :embarassed:

Charles, Ryan, and Dave - you guys owe us one... or more accurately owe yourselves one!

And yeah, those Azenis (not mine) were toast -- not to mention the screw that kept him out of the last two sessions. Sucked. Mine still look almost like new (except for the flat spots :mad: ) after about 8 days at the track and 4000 mi.

03-30-2004, 11:47 PM
yea, that's true. we were gridding before you guys came back in. the last session was awesome cuz it lasted longer than. more competition with the C class in there, hehe. and yes, i will definitely see you later this year, mark. we gotta organize more meets like this. it's more fun when you know ppl ;) i have my pics on my computer, but just been lazy to resize and post them up. i'll have them up in a day or 2. there's definitely some nice ones in there, just not that many.

charles, hopefully you'll be able to save up some money to make it to at least 1 event this year.

03-31-2004, 09:18 PM
got my pics up! they're posted on my page, but here's a direct link to them --> http://www.streetdynamics.com/members/ukann/gallery/032704pics.htm

i don't know if anyone here is on dragva, but i realized that some of the ppl on there went to the event. mark, i took the liberty of posting your pics (since they're the nicest pics i've seen of the event) on there. hope you don't mind. here's a link to the thread to those that care --> http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47807

AKADriver
03-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Ah, damnit, I really should've gone... :( ah well, the next one. I do owe it to you guys and myself.

Who's that with the Mazda 6?

sykikchimp
04-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Ukann - your instructors car is awesome looking. :bowdown:

did he take you for some hot laps in it?

04-01-2004, 09:52 AM
the guy with the mazda 6 is bill. one of bakari's friends. i was definitely impressed with that car tho.

charles - oh you better believe i got to ride in that beast! after my first session he was had me stop in the pits a little early and said "go over there and park. that's my car right there. we'll go out and i'll show you how to take these corners" upon seeing the car, my jaw just dropped.... then when i got in, i was kinda scared to close the door cuz it was fiberglass, so i didn't know how strong it was. thankfully it was pretty strong and closed very easily. that car is crazy tho. it's n/a, so it sounds really mean. it was definitely awesome to ride in it. he says it's putting down 250 whp, and with that lightweight body, it pulls really hard. needless to say, i walked out of that car with a HUGE smile on my face, hehe.

nrcooled
04-01-2004, 11:34 AM
IF you guys want to you can check out out pics at

http://community.webshots.com/user/nrcooled

Scroll to the bottom and you will see the link for VIR (there are two one is 2003 and the other is 2004)

SX_Tasy
04-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Professional photos from track link...

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventframe?event=04NE0003

04-03-2004, 08:11 AM
those pictures a so nice. there's a good pic of bakari and i tailing the red fc, hehe.

HippoSleek
04-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Always you guys and the red fc!

Amazingly, of all those pics of Miatas on the professional shots, there is only one of mine -- and it is a crappy head on shot.

04-05-2004, 07:15 PM
haha, i think it's probably cuz there were sooo many miatas that he didn't know which one he had already taken a pic of and which ones he didn't, haha.