PDA

View Full Version : Apexi N1 Type Pro Coilover adjustment

KyoLo
12-16-2003, 06:03 PM
I recently just changed to Apexi N1 Type Pro, and tried to adjust the stiffness of the coilover, encountered the problem that the adjustment hexagonal bolts won't budge at all on the camber plate. 4 of them won't turn/click at all. Does anyone have owned or own Apexi coilover? do you need special tools or there's a catch to turn to adjust the stiffness? i searched Apexi website it doesn't have any documental supports, AND i called them up...only "please leave your message"...........

Flybert
12-16-2003, 08:04 PM
You crazy fool. What the hell are you trying to turn up there? It's an inverted shock and the adjustment is on the bottom of the front shock. You have to install the knobs on there to adjust it by hand, otherwise you need an allen wrench. The allen screws you've been trying to turn help you to tighten down the camber plate after you've made your camber adjustments.

For the back ones, you need to install the knobs as well but they go on the top this time.

And remember, turn clockwise to tighten and don't loosen them too much or you'll be doing some damage. I think they are 16 way adjustable but just to be safe, the max i go on softness is 10 clicks.

Does anyone know for sure how soft you can go on N1 PRO's?

KyoLo
12-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Ya, i found out the front stiffness adjuster is at the bottom by checking out japaense apexi website, but the thing is i don't see any adjusters on them, doesn't look like it can be turn clockwise or counter-clockwise by HAND!! Just they don't come when i bought it.....very very odd... doesn't look like it can be turned by tools either...hm...
knobs....what kind of knobs and where can i get them??

Dousan_PG
12-17-2003, 07:46 PM
tool is taped inside box look around
full stiff is full clockwise
99% sure on that
call Apex'i USA tomorrow and verify it.

KyoLo
12-17-2003, 08:32 PM
I actualy bought it off another guy, he said he bought it from Japan and didn't come with any adjusters or whatever........so... i gotta buy them myself ....if i can.

Flybert
12-18-2003, 11:25 AM
If you want to adjust them, stick the right size allen wrench inside the hole on the bottom. Twist clockwise for full tight. It won't click so you won't know how far is too far. If you twist too far, the female end will come flying out because it is threaded in there and you'll have to thread it back in. I suggest you call up Apex'i and get the adjustment knobs ASAP.

KyoLo
02-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Hi, guys.

I'm bringing the old thread back because i just GOT my quick adjuster knobs(THANK GOD!! :hsdance: )
As earlier mentioned, for the front, it's an inverse adjustable.
I tried to find any slot under the front struts so i can put the adjuster knobs on, but i found out there was a hexagonal cap or nut "tightened" up on under each of the front struts. If i don't take that cap/nut off, i don't think there is any possible ways to put the adjuster knobs on.
And they are so tightened up, i'm afraid i'm gonna disassemble the struts if i force to unscrew them.
I wish there was a picture, so it would be easier for me to explain. But i couldn't find any on google or yahoo. I have the pic in the book, oh well,
i'll try to take some pic from my car on Sat.

Flybert
02-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I think you should take pics so I can see what you are talking about. You don't want to mess those things up. It sounds like you might have some old-ass non adjustable model of the N1 PRO but I don't know. Take some pics and I can compare them with mine.