PDA

View Full Version : megan coilover adjustment!

dozug
11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
hi i have megan coilovers and i want to adjust dampening.
1. i heard that if i want to adjust the dampening, i need to turn the knob all the way to H and adjust from there? or can i just turn the knob anyside?

2. for the front, i have the knob, but the rear, it doesnt. (bought used car with coilovers) do i need to take the knob fr the front to adjust? or can i put hexagonal driver to turn it? if pic is needed, i will post it up.

thank you zilvia forum! let me know!

Chuggy
11-15-2011, 10:41 AM
hmm i had megan coils but they all had knobs...jus try and take one off and see if it fits the rear i wouldnt be suprised if it did...and turn the coils all the way to hard and turn it back to the S 18 times sinces it 36 way adjustable thas what i did but i got tired of the soft ride so i turned all the way to H lol but thas me and i live in houston.shitty roads

dozug
11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
i go to downtown alot and road is amazingly bad lol so yeah do i remove the knob by the metal thing just under the knob?

jacobs13
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Why dont you just try it? if the front knob doesnt work, but i dont see why it shouldnt just use anything that will. H stands for hard, you can adjust from wherever you want

dozug
11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
oh its because for now all i have is screw driver with hexagonal front.. i want to change the setting asap cuz of the road condition.
well when i get the tool from my house, i will try. but my another question is that to take oit the knob, do i have to take out the metal thing to get the thing out? i domt want to break the knob by just pulling it. being caution is better than sorry.. so yeah thank you for the input though