PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det bogging/fuel cuts

wr4th
11-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Over the past few weeks my car has been running oddly, it will just randomly cut fuel, not under load or anything, ill just be driving like a normal person and it will cut for no reason, nothing extreme, but it happens multiple times. My AFR seems to be all over the place as well. iv also had it bog on me a few times under boost, but normally it runs okay. Any ideas what what the cause of this might be? I'm rather new to the SR.

Mods:
full 3" down pipe/exhaust
greddy Intake mani
tomi exhaust mani
10 psi stock 25 turbo
no tune

Gomer461
11-15-2011, 08:50 AM
do you still have the stock BOV?

wr4th
11-15-2011, 08:54 AM
i have an HKS SSQV

Gomer461
11-15-2011, 09:01 AM
If its vented to atmosphere and not recirculated then the MAF is metering air that the motor does not get. Does it go stupid rich when you lift?

wr4th
11-15-2011, 11:50 AM
yeah it runs stupid rich pretty much all the time.

Gomer461
11-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Im willing to bet that its the BOV being vented but without looking at it i would not be able to say for sure. I usually go to psi performance in lansdale to get my shit looked at. Take it up there. Steve is the man to go to when it comes to SR's.

wr4th
11-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Its defiantly a possibility. It just started happening recently, so im not too sure. Ill look into them, thank you for the recommendation :D

AdrenalineS14
11-20-2011, 12:22 AM
maybe clogged fuel filter? or maybe fuel pump crapping out? check spark plugs could be old, dirty check the gap. also may have vac leak somewhere.

wr4th
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
i also noticed it happens when i go over bumps or turn the steering wheel.

freeagent3117
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
i also noticed it happens when i go over bumps or turn the steering wheel.

the fuel pump or filter would not cause a rich condition, more of a lean one. the only thing i can think of in your fuel causing rich condition would be the pressure regulator. but i dont think its that. sounds a lot more to me like you have a boost leak somewhere. The bumps could cause it to move and make leak bigger. when you turn the wheel, i have no idea lol. id start buy going to home cheapo and making a boost leak checker plug thingy. Just get the size PVC cap that can slide into a coupler on your hot pipe and drill a hole in it for a valve stem. Clamp it on and pressurize to about 20-25 and listen. it shouldn't drop too fast but slowly over time. listen and spray soapy water and see what you find. Let us know how it turns out man!!

wr4th
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Recently its been getting worse and it gets really lean. and if i push the gas too hard when im accelerating it just boggs completely and runs at like 200 rpm then stalls. I have to be really gentle with it.

Kingtal0n
02-06-2012, 02:18 PM
fuel pump, fuel filter... or wiring related. You hit a bump, and the maf wiring shorts out intermittenly? Or.. you hit a bump, and the fuel pump wiring shorts?

Inspect the maf wire, inspect the fuel pump, change the fuel filter, look inside the tank for debris.

freeagent3117
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Recently its been getting worse and it gets really lean. and if i push the gas too hard when im accelerating it just boggs completely and runs at like 200 rpm then stalls. I have to be really gentle with it.

so is it rich or lean? lean would be fuel filter/pump. Both cost less then $100 together. Thats a Z32 filter and walbro pump. two things i think should be on your setup already. :o

wr4th
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
sorry for being confusing lol. When i originality posted this it was running rich, but as it got worse it runs more lean. And i have a walbro pump already, Maybe its on its way out.

freeagent3117
02-06-2012, 03:04 PM
sorry for being confusing lol. When i originality posted this it was running rich, but as it got worse it runs more lean. And i have a walbro pump already, Maybe its on its way out.

just do the filter first. if your good you can pull it off the line and put your finger under the filter. remove your finger and you can see how dirty it is when you empty. doesnt always show you how dirty it is but it works for me. always do the cheap fixes first!!

cotbu
02-06-2012, 03:22 PM
You should probably schedule a tune-up, just to eliminate it from the list. plugs could be fouled, an exhaust leak could be wreaking havoc on the wideband etc. There are some good suggestions in the thread make a check list and report back