PDA

View Full Version : Bad Crank Angle sensor?

1stock240
11-12-2011, 08:52 PM
So I bought my car a few weeks ago. It has been running really good since buying it. I decided for peice of mind I would change thermostat and belts. So I pressure washed the engine then started on the belts and then the thermostat. All went well except when I took the thermostat housing off the PO had no thermostat. It has an aluminum radiator and it was swapped from an auto to manual. Anyway put the thermostat in and filled with fluid radiator. Started up and waited till thermostat opened at normal operating temp. It did and I toped off the radiator. All seemed good although we noticed upon shutting it down the fan kept spinning which might me a bad fan clutch. Anyway got back in and went to go for a test drive. Upon backing out of the drive way temp guage started to rise. I figured it was because fan clutch not functioning right so then went to accelarate to get air going across the radiator. Upon acceleration car sputtered and then died. I could not get it to start back up. Noticed there was a crack in the distributor cap but small. Car turns, gets spark although weak and fuel but will not start. Anyhelp would be great

rcdad123
11-13-2011, 12:06 AM
remove the distributor cap and dry the inside of the cap and the distributor. also check for water in the plug holes.