PDA

View Full Version : s14 kouki on a 240 fastback

legin2
12-14-2003, 04:29 PM
I have my flame suit on but I have been searching for about 2.5 hours now.. I woke up at one and have only found one pic of a 91 240 fastback with a kouki front. if anyone knows where a conversion kit, or a tutorial is it would be very appreciated. of if anyone knows what parts are needed to complete the conversion it would be great. like I said I ave found nothing. i pretty much only found people flaming other people for asking about the conversion.

legin2
12-14-2003, 06:19 PM
is this thing broken or somthing?

Ghettokracker71
12-14-2003, 06:30 PM
I won't flame ya buddy ! But then again...I don't know what the hell to say about your question ....:doh: ....I'd say its legit though...

aeontony
12-14-2003, 06:47 PM
You can also try figuring out/searching how to do a conversion to a zenki front end..

The kouki front end and the zenki front ends are not too different. At any rate, the problem will be in the fenders, I'd imagine. If you can figure out what to do with the fenders for a zenki conversion (seems to have been done more often), you'll know what to do for a kouki conversion.

These conversions have a kind of chimerical air about them..i have heard people saying they're going to do it, how someone they know have done it, but as far as I know there is no official literature and a consummate lack of pictures to prove the conversion.

legin2
12-14-2003, 09:55 PM
hmmm.... I saw one picture and it looked pretty cool...
my guess is if I cant find conversion fenders from japan or anywhere else I could get s14 fenders and chop it and reweld to the stock fenders kinda like the the honduh people do for their rice rockets. what do you folks think?

h0m3skill3t
12-15-2003, 02:00 PM
i saw one on the road and it looked like feces. the fenders stuck out about 6 inches where they meet with the door. I laughed. if u do it, wait, just dont do it. seriously i dunno just get a semi truck front end conversion. now that would be cool. and convert to like 26 speed tranny and turbo diesel engine.:p :p :p

legin2
12-15-2003, 04:11 PM
keyboard commedians talk funny. if you do it wait dont do it. howbout........ just........... howbout you dont post if youhave no good info. I have seend. the conversiondid done. I just wanted to know if anyone around here has done it and how they did it.

thnaks

Dousan_PG
12-15-2003, 04:15 PM
how about a real answer ok, son?

its not common
there is no conversion besides s13 to s14 kouki fenders in japan.

it is not done in the USA (yet i thnk)
you have to fab some parts probably
you have to make your own parts probably
there aer numerious ways to make the fenders

how about actually DOING IT rather then looking for handouts ona webforuM?

have you looked at how the s14 and s13 fenders are designed? haev you read specs on how wide s13s and s14s are to eachother? have you popped the hood on a s14 and looked at how the headlights are mounted?

if you answer no to most those questions, end your pipe dream.

RBSileighty
12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Check out Masa. I think they are a company out of japan that sell the conversion fenders. I think it's an ok looking conversion if done right.

Try http://www.jspec.com/s14koukcon.html for the fenders and other items you might need. I was looking through there the other day and I think I saw them there.

Just make sure you get a good shop to do the work...

I'm not sure if I like the look or not, but I'm willing to help out. It's not ricey unless you put some trash front end on it or something.

h0m3skill3t
12-15-2003, 11:47 PM
all im saying is, if ur gonna do it, at least do it right. the end.

bchumley
12-16-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm in the process of gathering parts for a kouki frontend on my 89 hatch. So far, I've got the headlights ordered, along with the Masa conversion fenders. Jspec said 1-2 months on the fenders. Hopefully I can have the car done by the end of March.

But to respond more to your original post, all that I have found out so far is that you apparently need S15 hood hinges to make an kouki hood fit the S13. (seems odd to me). The fenders are the main area of concern for the conversion from what I gather. Also, the headlights need mounted, which could be a mess in itself.

I like the idea of having an original setup, however I'm not one of those people that does things just for the sake of being different. I think if done properly, the conversion could be really hot. Keep in contact if you do in fact decide to try it yourself.

misnomer
12-16-2003, 10:21 AM
You are talking about the s14 front end right? Not the 96.5+ s13 front? I've seen pics of a kouki s14 front on an s13 somehwere on the forums (I'm not searchin', though, 'cause I'm lazy :P). My opinion is it didn't look right at all. Goofy low, pointy, sharp front with the curvy rear. . . Ugmo :P

Oh hey, here it are! I am awesome (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41559&highlight=s14+front+on+s13)

See? ugmo :P

legin2
12-17-2003, 02:47 AM
wow thanks!!! you kick ass! hmmmmmmmmmm I guess it doesn't look as good as I dreamed it. looks like I will go with an s15 front then. my mind is made up. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

or I could just get a 95 240 and go do the conversion. ...

brianglawson
12-17-2003, 03:55 AM
we do you HAVE to have a conversion, why not just a sexy DRFT or cwest bumper on the front????

legin2
12-17-2003, 12:05 PM
you mean keep the stock frontend? bah! looking through the gallery has corrupted me.lol

misnomer
12-17-2003, 01:32 PM
hah, pretty soon I'll have the most unique car on Zilvia. . . a stock '92 240sx SE, with no body kit! :P

Ghettokracker71
12-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by misnomer
hah, pretty soon I'll have the most unique car on Zilvia. . . a stock '92 240sx SE, with no body kit! :P

Hah hah....heard that