PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with HKS EVC4??

Geezy
11-08-2011, 04:01 AM
looking for some light on the HKS EVC4. contemplating on picking one up from someone on here. want to know if its worth the two bills??

colombianbryan
11-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Well i personally have never used one but from what i always heard or read i would say go for it. No one ever says anything bad about it and it's one of the best boost controllers on the market!

Geezy
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
i heard a few things about stock wastegates not being able to keep up EVCs (or EBCs) in general. my stock one on my t25 seems to be doing its job just fine, but who's to say it wont freak out at .7 -.9 bar. so my next question is should i upgrade to the HKS actuator right now also? or just get the EBC for now and see what happens...

colombianbryan
11-09-2011, 06:59 AM
I've read that the stock one should be good if you dont pass 14 psi. I mean i would go ahead and upgrade to an hks actuator just because the price is very good and im pretty sure you will want more boost later on and it will be safer to have the hks actuator also.

Geezy
11-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Well... I just picked up an EVC4. Hope I'm not disappointed...

SidewaysFreak
11-10-2011, 11:20 PM
I acquired one not to long ago an it is missing the harness. I have it hard wired to power ground an stepper motor, I cannot however find ANYTHING on the 4 prong harness. Somebody please shed some light.