PDA

View Full Version : <<<HELP>>>KA SOHC turn on then turn off

1slicktwo4oh
11-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Alright Zilvians got a problem w/ my 240, where are the engine gurus i need your help. So my KA gave up on me the other day on the way to work...I was cruising down the 60 freeway when i started to notice my RPM needle jumping erratically, it did that for about a minute before the car started jumping in relation to the needle. 2 minutes later it started slowing down, I had my foot on the gas and it didnt matter the car started to slow down it would go past 40mph until if finally stopped, ditched me off the 605..:(
So i got it towed to my job. The car turns on then turns right off. I can keep it on by revving it but it still wont rev past 3000rpm, if i floor it it will pulse from 2-3k rpm and backfire. A co-worker knew a mechanic so i had him check it out he told me it might be my coil, or ignitor chip. I was gonna get sum used ones but since its for my daily i opted for new parts. $180 later same shit. So know im hearing it might be my TPS, OR MAF OR my DIZZY....no clear answer, ughhh frustrating, So before i go spending more ca$h, has anyone had this happen to them or anyone have sum good knowledge on SOHC KA's, got try and fix it fast. I have a feeling it something simple cause the motor ran STRONG before this, so im trying to fix it myself before having another mechanic have a whack @ it