PDA

View Full Version : z32 ebrake wiring

FRpilot
12-13-2003, 12:15 PM
not really wiring. more like an ebrake cable delema.

can you use the s13 rear uprights w/ the z32 drum ebrake/dust shield assembly? im assuming that the s13 and z32 rear uprights are identical except for the rear shock mounts.

also, anyone have any ideas on how to hook up the rear ebrake cables? project silvia was developing one but i guess they gave up since i dont see it on their website anymore. other places ive look at like importnuts guide showed how he spliced his 240 ebrake cables and used z32 ebrakes and 'crimped' the two sets together as a temporary fix until he finds a better method. a thread i found on fa showed glenn from norcal doing the same thing but it seems like this method could have possibly bad effects such as the cables coming loose. anyone have any other ideas or methods they can share?

95Blue240sx
12-13-2003, 02:46 PM
theres another guy up here that has the rear z32 brakes. when i talked to him he said he just used the z32 ebrake cable. i dont know how reliable his info is because it seems like he tends to lie a lot. so i dunno, take it for what its worth i guess.

the guy from clearcorners.com also has the rear z32 brakes. maybe he has some info.

WilloW
12-13-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm going to do the crimping method, with the exception that its going to be a shitload of crimps. I've "heard" that a simple rerouting of the e-brake cable would work. Good luck.

mbmbmb23
12-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Yes the S13 spindle works with the Z32 ebrake. The only issue you may have is if you have the Z32 NA hubs, you'll have to clean out the hole on the spindle the hub's "finger" plugs into.

Here's what I plan on using when I clamp the cables together. Basically loop the cables back on themselves and clamp them looped together. This will work alot better than the importnut guy's clamping. The pic sucks, so penis jokes please.

-m

FRpilot
12-14-2003, 03:14 AM
does kragens or some auto parts store sell some kinda wire indentical to ebrake cables that we can use?

WilloW
12-14-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by mbmbmb23
Yes the S13 spindle works with the Z32 ebrake. The only issue you may have is if you have the Z32 NA hubs, you'll have to clean out the hole on the spindle the hub's "finger" plugs into.

Here's what I plan on using when I clamp the cables together. Basically loop the cables back on themselves and clamp them looped together. This will work alot better than the importnut guy's clamping. The pic sucks, so penis jokes please.

-m

Good enough for me, thanks.