PDA

View Full Version : S14 sr blacktop.. Weird shaking on highway

abolter12
11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey guys!

I know I know before you all jump on me about alignment and balance my wheels I'm gonna. But it feels different. When I drive on the highway mostly, curving/ banking to a particular side, can't remember, but it feel like the driveshaft is shaking or something.

If anyone ones got some tips or answers I'd love em!

Lemmie know if you need any more info

Thanks guys

EDacIouSX
11-05-2011, 01:48 PM
did you check your engine and transmission mounts? They are probably worn to hell.

Pray And Spray
11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
yeah could be the motor/tranny mounts or bushings

abolter12
11-05-2011, 05:38 PM
great! thanks ill definitely look into that, if i need to replace either, you guys got good experience with any particular ones?

Driftbandit
11-06-2011, 01:14 AM
It won't cost you anything to visually inspect the bushings, mounts, and ball joints like already mentioned. But the alignment and tire balancing will do wonders for ride quality especially at higher speeds. I wouldn't go replacing anything before you got that done. Also physically inspect both inner and outer tie rods. This could cause wheel play, not to mention the alignment shop won't do the alignment if they're out of spec.

EDacIouSX
11-08-2011, 09:16 AM
if you want comfort nismo engine and tranny mounts probably offer the best between comfort and performance.