PDA

View Full Version : SR running on 3 cylinders

HYPNOTIK
11-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I can't figure this shit out.

Last weekend I went out for a short drive and coming around a roundabout I got into and it dropped a cylinder. It has done this before about 6 months ago. I remade the coilpack harness and it has been fine ever since. This time, I figured out which coilpack wasn't firing and unplugged that injector to limp it home(about 1.5 miles). I started swapping around coilpacks once I got home to figure out if one was bad. #2 cylinder isn't firing with different coilpacks in it. Not a coilpack problem. I changed plugs, tried 3 different brand new ones. Not a plug problem. I thought it might be the harness again. I bought a new harness and put it on today after the car has been sitting for a week, no change. I stripped back the main harness where the coilpack subharness plugs into, no melted wires, no kinks, plug seems to be fine. When I pull out the plug from #2 it has fuel on it and I did the screwdriver trick on the injectors and they are all clicking normally. In a move of desperation I pulled the mounting bracket off of a spare ecu I had and mounted my PFC like the stock ECU because some shit on Google said it needed to be grounded and it magically fixed someone else's car who had the same problem. No change. I pulled the coilpacks out and put sparkplugs in them and laid them on the intake manifold as I cranked. ALL the plugs are firing, but when I put them back in the motor still no #2. WTF.

Does anybody have any suggestion at all? I can't think of anything else.

My only other thought is this. About 3ish weeks ago I fixed some bare wires on the harness that goes over the driver side wheel well. The car was fine for at least 2 weeks before this happened. It doesn't seem like these wires would affect the coilpacks and only one at that but anything is possible I guess...