PDA

View Full Version : My first 240sx

akopsk8
11-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Hey guys, i just got my license, and for the past 2 years ive been looking at 240sx's and i always wanted one, ive been driving my mom's 1995 nissan maxima for the past year, and i decided i wanted to get a s14 zenki, but my dad doesn't approve. He's been a mechanic for 30 years and hes telling me that 240sx's get a shit load of problems and that those cars are beginning to break down because they are old now and hes telling me im gonna spend a shit load of money on fixing all the mechanical problems. But i reallllllllly want one.. My plans for it are basically to stance it. drop it, put some rims.. front lip, side skirt. exhaust and shit. no swapping or modding performance wise. I need some opinions on what i should do in this situation.. oh and my dad is giving me 3000 to spend, and i have 1000 myself, and i also have a job..

thank you.

pacotaco345
11-01-2011, 12:07 AM
"stance it"?.. that's a new one. Buy a honda... They never break down and you'll fit right in with what you're planning to do, true story.

akopsk8
11-01-2011, 12:13 AM
ya stance.. like put some fat ass tires and hellaflush it + fender roll.

ILoveMyRHS13
11-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Holy fucking shit.
http://image.geotorrents.com/images/c764ae8awpk845u16nrx.jpeg

Keep driving your mom's car.

sam&cheese
11-01-2011, 12:23 AM
If this guy isn't trolling...

Iron_Zenki
11-01-2011, 12:24 AM
^ XD!! This kid. Your going to get destroyed here get out while you still can

glide's S14
11-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Go with the s14. Zenki, you will be glad you did!

thinkingandage
11-01-2011, 12:27 AM
If this guy isn't trolling...

might be just trolling.

rwtf
11-01-2011, 12:51 AM
not sure if trolling....

akopsk8
11-01-2011, 12:52 AM
how the fuck am i trolling?... im just fuckin asking for opinions? wow comon..

ILoveMyRHS13
11-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Quick question, were you, by chance, born in the state of Florida?

sebastianwrx
11-01-2011, 01:03 AM
dud ur fuckin 21 and u cant make a fucking decision...

Tempo
11-01-2011, 01:12 AM
where are the moderators when you need them -_____________-

DJDANGER24
11-01-2011, 01:13 AM

I think my heart skipped a beat when i busted out laughing reading this hahahaha

drop it, put some rims.. front lip, side skirt. exhaust and shit

What kinda shit are you gonna "stance" it with?

teh smithers
11-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Go with an S14! There is a grain of truth to what your dad says- these cars are aging and parts will wear out/need to be replaced. For my Zenki, though, it's been nothing major, just things like bushings to maintain and improve the car's drivability. Find one with a solid motor and transmission, then spend your money on replacing worn out parts, especially in the suspension (or anything vital that need fixing). Yes, you'll have to hold off on the supergangsterillesthellsaflushcoolguy stance, but its the difference between a shitty, riced out 240 and a properly maintained, fun-to-drive 240.

rwtf
11-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Go with a civic lol its perfect for you.

akopsk8
11-01-2011, 01:36 AM
can you fuckers please tell me what the fuck i said/asked wrong? i asked a fuckin simple question and i cant get a answer? and this fucker wants a admin in here? wtf is this a pussyfest? holy fuckin shit... go get some vagisil you stretched worm infested pussy

rwtf
11-01-2011, 01:44 AM
U mad bro?

Tempo
11-01-2011, 01:53 AM
U mad bro?

lol he mad

wangan_cruiser
11-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Your last response will pretty much you will get your ass banned here. Like everybody is saying its really up to u.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.775272,-122.284416

Koukisteve29
11-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Dude, 240's will give problems....any cars this old will give problems. If you really want a 240, go for it. Make sure you keep it well maintained though. One more thing; hellaflush does not happen overnight.

KOUKIboy
11-01-2011, 02:15 AM
"stance it"?.. that's a new one. Buy a honda... They never break down and you'll fit right in with what you're planning to do, true story.

LMFAO I almost fell out of my chair when I read this, dude your 21 its your money er..kinda off daddy is giving you 3 grand, damn I wish my dad woulda give me 3 grand, I had to save for almost 3 years to buy my S14 anyways... Just find a low mileage S14 if you can find one, just keep up with the maintenance of it, if you take care of the engine they are real reliable cars..I purchased my S14 with 120,000 miles now it has close to 180,000 but I kept with regular maintenance, Oil changes, etc, and up to this day is has not given my any problems..Good luck...Oh and the herraIllest look requires a grip of monies!!!, you gotta buy some wheels that fit the car(Please please don't buy some shitty 18x8 +37 wheels and then put a fat as spacer!!!) you're at least gonna have to drop 2k on wheels, suspension, do body mods, it wont happen over night...

Drunken Drift Monkey
11-01-2011, 02:41 AM
So harsh to the newcomers. Why don't you guys just back up off a bit. You once were 21 and thinking something along the lines that might have possibly been just as "dumb."

Anyway, OP - your dad is kind of right. He knows these cars have problems and if you do find one for sale it was probably abused to some extent. If you just wanna "stance it" then just find any S14 that doesn't have to many problems and do work. Your dad is a mechanic. I'm sure he'll inspect the car for you and tell you if it's good or not.

P.s. Don't act like a lil mad baby like how you did in your last post. Shit like that will get your thread stomped on son! No matter who started it first.

ecuajyls2021
11-01-2011, 03:04 AM
go for the s14 best car ever

EnemyS15
11-01-2011, 07:53 AM
It goes to say that any car 15 plus yrs old will have problems. Use some common sense and listen to your dad. It's the Best resource you'll ever have. At the same time you are 21, make a man decision and get a 240 if you want one. Are you gonna post up on here every time you want to do something to the car? This is a pointless thread, but to just give you the info you are asking for ...... If the car was taken care of through out its lifetim, then you wont have as much problems than a car that has been ragged out and beaten up like a corner Whore.

Ps don't act like such a sissy girl when people flame you for a post that screams 'you asked for it'

slamburger
11-01-2011, 08:43 AM
I dont know what all the hubub is about, my car starts right up every morning and has never left me stranded.

OP-your dad is just well...being a dad. Being that he is a mechanic he should know that a 240 is a good japanese car and with care and maintenance you'll be fine. Yeah your drivers side window will stop working, yeah an injector might go. But those are small easy problems that get fixed right up. Go for it do what you want to the car.

But for real dont come in here acting like that. Zilvia is cut throat. Read a few threads, you'll see.

Cloud9
11-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Hey guys, i just got my license, and for the past 2 years ive been looking at 240sx's and i always wanted one, ive been driving my mom's 1995 nissan maxima for the past year, and i decided i wanted to get a s14 zenki, but my dad doesn't approve. He's been a mechanic for 30 years and hes telling me that 240sx's get a shit load of problems and that those cars are beginning to break down because they are old now and hes telling me im gonna spend a shit load of money on fixing all the mechanical problems. But i reallllllllly want one.. My plans for it are basically to stance it. drop it, put some rims.. front lip, side skirt. exhaust and shit. no swapping or modding performance wise. I need some opinions on what i should do in this situation.. oh and my dad is giving me 3000 to spend, and i have 1000 myself, and i also have a job..

thank you.

Then your dad is retarded or lying to you, these cars have so few problems compared to what you usually find for the age of the car. Plus they are one of the easiest to fix with very inexpensive parts. Of course this is all relative, im sure you could find a more reliable car but seriously 240sx's are a great car compared to most.

scott883
11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
For all who don't know stance is the term that describes what old mexican men do to the trucks and vans in socal. Putting lips and skirts and fake chrome on everything. It myself get a kick outta this. Bahahaahahaaaa buy an integra and stance it imo!

pacotaco345
11-01-2011, 09:32 AM
How is this thread still going on?.. Anyways as for the answer you wanted:
1) Buy shitty s14
2) Smash with hammer
3) Request MTV restart PimpMyRide
4) Submit corny video to said show
5) Have West Coast Customs "stance" and do said "shit" to your car like rimzzz
6) Get ALLLLL the bitches
7) Profit

Boost_Fiend
11-01-2011, 09:34 AM

Whats wrong with Florida

s13_maJiK
11-01-2011, 09:54 AM
^lol. I'd look around a lot and possibly use your whole budget on a really nice condition/low mile zenki considering your dad doesn't approve already. If you jump on the first pos you see he'll probably tear you a new asshole more than people on here will haha. Worry about "stancing it" after you get a descent car.

omgRWDgoodness!
11-01-2011, 10:05 AM

Whats wrong with Florida
Haters gonna be jealy-ass bitches since they're under 20 feet of snow while it's fucking 75° here all day.

slamburger
11-01-2011, 10:14 AM
yeah.... pretty sure cali has better weather

RB Me
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
well your dads still giving you money, and most of it. so what he thinks does matter.

if you cant save up 2-5k in a few years then and have not done enough research to know what your getting into then you should probably get a different car.

STL240SXDRIFT
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/7/7/9/3/9/a2926156-219-Facepalm%20jesus-facepalm-facepalm.jpg

Phlip
11-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah, this thread was headed in the wrong direction from the moment the OP clicked "start new thread".
Then there were some glaring issues that REALLY sent it south...

"I've been looking for the past two years, but still need opinions"
"stance it"
"... and shit"
"I need opinions"
"my dad is giving me money"

I don't do well with the maths as English was my subject, but I am convinced that the above equation equals disaster.
With all that said, with the amount of hostility in this unneeded thread, I am putting it out of my misery now with no qualms whatsoever.