PDA

View Full Version : replacing all vacuum line and hoses?

Seraphim38
10-26-2011, 08:39 AM
I am swapping out my stock SR20DET for one with built internals. I already have a blue Samco radiator hose kit and blue high quality hose for my Blitz sbc boost controller, but I am thinking that it might be a good idea to replace all of the other miscellanous lengths of vacuum and/or coolant hose while doing the swap. My fuel system is going over to all -8 AN so I already have that covered.

Does anyone have a quick inventory of diameters and rough lengths needed to get the job done? I am guessing that roughly 6 to 10 feet of a couple different sizes of vacuum line would work, but I don't know about any other lines or what sizes to get.

ManoNegra
10-26-2011, 08:51 AM
best solution I could find after researching for a bit:

Nissan (http://www.hiperformancestore.com/Nissan.htm)

nightsauce
10-26-2011, 09:31 AM
ninja EDIT: didnt read the AN line reference. Proceed

Seraphim38
10-26-2011, 11:10 AM
I was going to order all braided high end stuff from Summit Racing--that's why I was hoping someone could offer up a list of measurements and lengths. I figured if there was any place that might have a list like this archived, or at least the tribal knowledge to list them off out of somebody's head, it would be here...

boyou2
10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
all you need is 10meters of 4mm ID silicone hose, and 5meters of 6mm ID ;)

trust me, i've made a lot of SR20 hose replacement, it's all you need.

Seraphim38
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM
That's what I needed boyou2! Thanks!

jamg
10-04-2012, 03:57 PM
found info i need, thanks.

PeaceOnesxWai
10-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Depends how much an lines you want and to what extent is it necessary for you..

I spent well over $2k on my set up and it required a lot of fabricating as AN lines are not just Hardline to an conversion adapters. You may be lucky to get away with npt to AN adapters on some areas but most parts you have to weld.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/aznnoodleboi51/IMG_0579.jpg

Majority of the lines are -10an (Oil lines, oil breather, water lines, PS Return)
PS Feed and gas would be -6AN
Brake lines -3AN
-16/-20AN for radiator hoses

The mess under the intake manifold you just run a -10AN loop from the water inlet back to the thermostat housing. The remaining holes you tap them shut. Simple if you dont need heater.

Vacuum lines arent really necessary, its just for bling factory but if you want to make it look cool, there are fake vacuum hoses that comes with EZ clamps to make them look like ANs. It wouldnt benefit is you went with real AN lines, it would be more of a headache as most of the fittings are plastic or too small to weld.

bllabong89
10-05-2012, 07:14 AM
^^Boss. lol I wish I could afford 2k for AN lines :(