PDA

View Full Version : tall person in s14 with sunroof

lubo4444
10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey guys, i found a nissan 240sx s14 1996 with sunroof and my question is can i fit in it? I'm 6'5". I usually dont drive cars with the seat almost pointed straight up. My seat is always leaning back. My previous car was honda prelude 99 and i had a lot of room in there. I cant find any cars here to try to fit in them so this is not an option. Also i'll be daily driving it. I wont be doing any track or other things involving helmet. The nissan 240sx s14 that i'm looking at has stock seats. I have no problem upgrading later on with lower seats and lower rails but at the moment if i pick it up, i'll drive it with the oem seats and rails. I did use the search button but i still cant find a straight answer to my question. I'll appreciate every opinion. Thank you.

vas570sx
10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
im 6'1 and fit just fine with stock seats and sunroof.

i ended up deleting the sunroof though for helmet clearance.

idahotuner
10-25-2011, 01:53 PM
s14s have more room then s13s, and i am 6 2 and fit fine in my s13, just adjust the seat.

illvialuver
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I am also 6'5 and I have an s14, and would NEVER own one with a sunroof, even if I had a super low bucket seat.

lubo4444
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I am also 6'5 and I have an s14, and would NEVER own one with a sunroof, even if I had a super low bucket seat.

Does it make a really big difference if it has sunroof or not?

kidbandikoot
10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
only for helmet clearance and roll cage application

s14unimog
10-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Does it make a really big difference if it has sunroof or not?

yes it does.

illvialuver
10-25-2011, 02:36 PM
like two or 3 inches difference, plus, your putting a heavy item on the tallest point of your car.

Mark D
10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm 6'5 and I fit perfectly in a sunroof model.

Wearing a helmet in a sunroof model is a different story though!!

Salem240
10-25-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm 6'4" and I fit ok in my s14 with sunroof. I modded the rear mounts on the seat railas to sit about an inch lower on the stock seats, and it's much better, still no helmet though.

omgRWDgoodness!
10-25-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm 6' 1" with a non-sunroof S14 and I sit properly (pretty much "straight up" with the seat about halfway back, none of that gangster-lean/seat-as-far-back-as-it-will-go bullshit) and have about 2-3 inches more of headroom.

lubo4444
10-25-2011, 06:26 PM
So from what i see here and from what i saw using the search button, some people who are 6'5'' fit in models with sunroofs and some dont. I wont be using any helmet. How much do you think the clearance above me will be? I also dont sit straight in the car. My seat is usually leaning back because of my height.

Deftec
10-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Just get a set of low seat rails and go from there. I did this in my s14(i'm 6'2'') and I have a ridiculous amount of room, just a little different viewing the dash at a higher point than I was previously used to.

Broadfield
10-25-2011, 06:39 PM
So from what i see here and from what i saw using the search button, some people who are 6'5'' fit in models with sunroofs and some dont. I wont be using any helmet. How much do you think the clearance above me will be? I also dont sit straight in the car. My seat is usually leaning back because of my height.

I'm sure there has to be someone close to you with an S14 or one for sale somewhat close to you. Go sit in it and see for yourself. Because some people on here say no problem and others say no way... so it's obvious you are not going to get your answer here. There are so many variations of body types that 6'5" doesn't really tell us much either. Hell, I'm 5'9" but have the legs of a 6 foot guy. So I sit really low in a seat since more of my height is made up of legs. It will also depend if you naturally slouch in the seat etc.

lubo4444
10-25-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm sure there has to be someone close to you with an S14 or one for sale somewhat close to you. Go sit in it and see for yourself. Because some people on here say no problem and others say no way... so it's obvious you are not going to get your answer here. There are so many variations of body types that 6'5" doesn't really tell us much either. Hell, I'm 5'9" but have the legs of a 6 foot guy. So I sit really low in a seat since more of my height is made up of legs. It will also depend if you naturally slouch in the seat etc.

I wish there was somebody. There is no dealer around me that sells s14. However i do see sometimes people riding in them. So i guess if i see somebody on the street, i'll just give it a try and ask him if i can try to fit in it. It's the best thing i can do so far. However, if anyone else is 6'5'' here, please tell me what kind of clearance you have above your head? Thanks.

Salem240
10-25-2011, 06:56 PM

I totally agree with Broadfield... there are so many body types, my bro-in-law is 6'5" (but has the same 34" inseam like me) and he hopped in the passenger seat and his head was touching the headliner. Even if he reclined the seat he still had difficulty because the headliner drops more as it goes toward the rear, if these sunroofs didn't retract inside it would be a lot better on headrooom. Your best bet would be to actually sit in one. I had tons of room in my non-sunroof Zenki... not so in my Kouki.

Chaluska
10-25-2011, 07:00 PM

+1

sunroof subtracts 2-3" of headroom..

find a non-sunroof s14 and there is enough clearance.... also, are you a heavy 6'5" or thin, Long legs or long torso?

these things matter..

i was 6'0 350 in an s14 with sunroof, constantly hitting the left side of my head on the sunroof opening with the seat all the way back, the seat lowered, and shaved cushion (dropped another inch or so.... equal torso to leg ratio

lubo4444
10-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I totally agree with Broadfield... there are so many body types, my bro-in-law is 6'5" (but has the same 34" inseam like me) and he hopped in the passenger seat and his head was touching the headliner. Even if he reclined the seat he still had difficulty because the headliner drops more as it goes toward the rear, if these sunroofs didn't retract inside it would be a lot better on headrooom. Your best bet would be to actually sit in one. I had tons of room in my non-sunroof Zenki... not so in my Kouki.

Yup i guess i have to find one to try and fit in it. :)

+1

sunroof subtracts 2-3" of headroom..

find a non-sunroof s14 and there is enough clearance.... also, are you a heavy 6'5" or thin, Long legs or long torso?

these things matter..

i was 6'0 350 in an s14 with sunroof, constantly hitting the left side of my head on the sunroof opening with the seat all the way back, the seat lowered, and shaved cushion (dropped another inch or so.... equal torso to leg ratio

I'm thin. Not heavy at all. I think i do have long legs.

So i guess whatever i do, the best thing is to look for s14 without sunroof. Probably every thread i read, people are saying that without sunroof they have a lot more clearance.