PDA

View Full Version : help running pig rich!

kazuma
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Hey guys I've run into sort of a weird issue and I am stuck at what it could be.

I had noticed that my car would go ridiculously rich(<10 afrs) sometimes and if I let off and go back on the gas it would disappear but lately it does it no matter what I do except if I were to go WOT it goes and sits at about 11.5-12 afr which it should do. so far I've done the following trouble shooting:

1.change out stock FPR for a aeromotive one, set the pressure to 40psi without vacuum and when vacuum is plugged in sits at 34psi. No difference at all
2. redid all grounds and added 3 additional ones. Much better lighting but still no difference
3. replace Coolant temperature sensor(not the gauge one but the ecu one). No difference
4. Checked for boost leaks. When I did this I found I had a boost leak right at the throttle body which I fixed but I also heard a very loud squeal from the back of the motor near where the head meets the block(bottom of intake manifold). At first i thought it was a the big o-ring that keeps the injector in and replaced it(it had a small rip anyways) but then I realized it wasn't that and I could actually feel air pressure from underneath the manifold.

I think the intake manifold gasket has to be replaced but I just wanted to get some other opinions before I did that(still have a stock manifold and it's a PITA to remove as you all know).

PS: the build is:

built ka24de(ross pistons, eagle rods)
stock head
650cc injectors/z32 maf/tuned ecu(chipped)
t3/t4 50trim turbo

thanks!!

ch1873857
10-25-2011, 12:11 AM
did this happen all of a sudden or has it always done it

if its always done it its probably the tune

if it just started. try switching MAF sensors

kazuma
10-25-2011, 06:04 AM
did this happen all of a sudden or has it always done it

if its always done it its probably the tune

if it just started. try switching MAF sensors

it just started doing this. Ya I will be switching out mafs hopefully today and go from there.

anyone know what sort of voltage I should be getting from a n62 at idle/car off but key in the on position?

Crondy
10-25-2011, 07:57 AM
use goggles!

kazuma
10-25-2011, 08:36 AM
use goggles!

huh? wtf is goggles?

ch1873857
10-25-2011, 09:27 AM
google......

frftw
10-25-2011, 10:15 AM
probable more boost leaking, like you said check the im gasket

santi5222
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
my car has been running rich for a while. yesterday I noticed the plug on the coolant temp sensors was lose. pluged it up good car ran fine. just my 2 cents

daftphunk
10-25-2011, 11:05 AM
My car has a huge exhaust leak at the down pipe. It's all fucked up from scraping so much. Would that also cause a car to run rich? Or am I strictly looking for boost leaks?

Idles at around 12.5