PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast Big Fuel Leak

jesse1984
10-22-2011, 09:56 AM
so when i turned the car on this morning to move it into the drive way it was idleing at around 1500RPM and rough as crap. whole car was shaking. so i got it set up and turned it off ASAP. looked under the car and could see/smell fuel just pouring down.....the part that threw me off was that it was coming from the drivers side...not the passenger side where all the lines are....anyway. messing around with it i believe i found where its coming from...BUT i dont understand why fuel is going to this spot...i have attached a pic and circled when the fuel was spraying out. i do plan on fixing that area but i didnt think fuel was suppose to go there so i am really worried. i just bought the car a week ago and this started today. im suppose to leave on monday for a 150 mile trip...each way. i need to have the car running. if you can tell from the pics, that pipe is screwed into the exhaust manifold. its not the egr pipe...previous own already deleted the egr system. please help.

Melonburst
10-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Your car is running rich. So a lot of the unburned fuel is getting through and over to the exhaust side. Check your MAF.

jesse1984
10-22-2011, 11:38 AM
thank you. that pipe that is circled in the manual im looking at is called the egr pipe, BUT thats not the one they capped off....can i get rid of this one too? i have been trying since the original post to put it back on and i cant....also what exactly am i checking for on the MAF?

davirene
10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Its a bitch to line up....you have to loosen everything and get it to start then you tighten everything back up.

I removed mine.....I went to the hardware store and used there plumbers help section. I found a square gas line plug and sealed it. As for the EGR I took that in also and got some caps to seal it up...

You can follow this... http://forums.nicoclub.com/diy-intake-manifold-mysteries-revealed-emissions-removal-and-assembly-how-to-t109345.html

jesse1984
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
i tried to loosen the other end. wouldnt move. so theni decided to just cut a se ction out and use some hose to put it back together. i got about a 1/4 way thought the pip and not the damn saw keeps getting stuck. i am so fucking pissed right now. i never had this much trouble with my last 240. i knew when the guy told me they put in a lesser mileage engine i should have walked away.

jesse1984
10-22-2011, 02:34 PM
ok so i wiggled my dremel in there and cut the pip and now have a secton of hose on it. i am now where i was at 9 o'clock this morning. i havent started the car but i spreayed the MAF with MAF cleaner. i would like to know what i am checking so i know if i need a new one of those or not.

Melonburst
10-22-2011, 03:18 PM
You would need to swap it out with a healthy one. Do you know anyone else you could swap with to test it out? A bad MAF will cause an engine to shake run rich and sometimes backfire or smoke out the exhaust.

jesse1984
10-22-2011, 08:56 PM
well here's what's gone down. found out one of the injectors was just dumping gas. so i replaced it. now i can get the car started but there is lots of smoke out the exhaust. still have some drips...not sure where its coming from....it seems like maybe the back injector could be messing up as well...i couldnt check the back one when i tested the injectors. i guess ill have to test the injectors again and move the back one to the front so i can see if its jacked up as well.

jesse1984
10-22-2011, 08:59 PM
i dont have anyone that i know of that i could switch the MAF with.