PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with RB25 chassis swap.

O7thDayWasted
10-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Didn't know if this was the right place to post or not but it seemed to be most logical.
Ok, I have an RB25det swapped 92' S13 which ran perfect up until a few months ago when the rings decided to go. Now, this winter I have to tear it all down and am going to do a rebuild.

Now, my questions come in because I've had an auto 95' Zenki for awhile now that I'm dying to 5 speed swap just cant seem to find what I need to complete it. So, I've decided that I want to swap the RB into the S14. Im just looking to compile a list of what I need to get before I take the KA out of my S14. Can't have alot of down time between the swap as I just sold my other car to get the money for this swap.

So my questions are what is interchangeable and what is not?
I'm worried about the exhaust because some people say with very simple modification they can be changed between chassis'. The RB has a BuddyClub that I'd rather not part with.

Also wondering if I should buy a whole new harness or if I can simply alter the one I have.

Any concerns you feel I should have I'd really appreciate you letting me know so I can be fully prepared for the swap. Thanks for reading for all those who did.

fliprayzin240sx
10-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Exhaust are chassis specific. You can make them work by relocating the hangers. As far as I know, the iffy part is clearing the steering shaft. For some reason, most mount kits are interchangeable and would clear both chassis. Some will clear S13s but not S14s.