PDA

View Full Version : SR build question.

slammed40
10-17-2011, 01:45 PM
hows it going guys/ladies, im in the middle of a rebuild on my s14 sr. I purchased my kouki from a guy that i thought knew what he was doing when building a engine... well i was wrong. This sr has maybe 7k on the rebuild all arp bolts, full brian crower head, port and polish, s15 t28 yada yada yada. The Bottom end is all stock, new oem, but still stock. My question to you would be how much would i benifit from a set of eagle rods and cp 9:1 87mm pistons i have a chance to snag a set for a good price right now and dont know if i would rather dump my money elswhere. I dont plan on makeing crazy A$$ power out of this sr just a stout running car for the track. thanks in advance for any help, Zack.

Josho
10-18-2011, 01:26 PM
What is your power goal exactly? Round-about anyway

airman
10-18-2011, 02:29 PM
You'd be better off getting pistons instead of rods. Pistons are almost always the first to go. I can't even say I've seen where someone bent/threw a rod as a result of the ROD itself.

If you've got a hole burning in your pocket for some rods, you might as well get pistons too.

If your power goals are anywhere less than 350hp, I wouldn't bother with either as long as you have a safe tune and/or whoever tuning (you or someone else) knows what they're doing.