PDA

View Full Version : AutoX in 3 days...please help!

cnelson14
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
ok guys....ive searched and searched and cant find anybody who has the same problem im having. i just finished installing a redtop in my 89 hatch. the motor and tranny arrived already bolted together. it was an auto to manual swap so i have the braided line that runs straight from my master to slave cylinder. after the install, i went to press the clutch pedal in, and the pedal has no movement what so ever. its like im trying to press down on a brick. i did a proper bleeding of the MC and SC. and nothing helped. so i removed the slave cylinder from the tranny and attatched a cresent wrench to my clutch fork to check for movement, and it will not move at all. so i decided to pull the trans. when i slide the transmission back from the motor a few inches, the clutch fork will free up. but as soon as i bolt it back to the motor, it locks back up. i pulled the transmission off and inspected the throw out bearing, fork, and pivot ball for the fork. all are used but seem fine. it just seems like my TO bearing is too long....or the bellhousing is too short or something. it just blows my mind b/c the clutch, TOB, and everything are used and seem like they have worked together before. but obviously there is a length issue somewhere. any ideas would be appreciated. sorry for the long read.

UG-T
10-15-2011, 10:18 PM
is this installed?

http://www.fototime.com/D5B4B93E1E25D39/standard.jpg

idahotuner
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
That ^ wouldn't make a difference.

idahotuner
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a pressure plate problem maybe