PDA

View Full Version : sr20 No start (just swapped) Help

MrFairlady
10-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Just Swapped in my old Prev running redtop SR20 (from my S14) to a neighbors car.

*Installed 1 new lower harness and Upper harness from Yuri (wiring Specialties)Brand new , to make sure its correct.After trying the harness I wired up that i thought was the issue.
*Installed 1 new OEM Clutch pedal kick down switch thinking that was the issue.

I have done 3 SR swaps (so I'm not new to this) and for some reason this one has Been by far the Biggest pain.

Car is a 1990 hatch that is factory 5 speed (and it had rod knock/ran before we pulled the engine) so There should be no wires to Jumper.

I've tried 3 diff starters ,1 thats nearly New & 1 that worked when I removed my motor from my car and neither will Start the car.
*****car Makes only a "tick/click" noise from the relay at the Driver side Headlight area and a Smaller/quieter "tick" from the Pass side Relay Box near Coolant overflow.

Fuel Pump Primes and everything else works but NO START or even attempt from the starter to Roll.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please Shoot me some ideas that I may have overlooked.

-Made sure ECU was plugged in though I may Try 1 extra ECU to see if that works.
-confirmed all the Multi Junctions are Connected and Wiring from under the dash
-confimed all 25/30amp Box fuses at FUSE panel near coolant overflow are not Blown
-ignition cylinder be the issue???