PDA

View Full Version : sr20det bogging misfiring shaking no power hesitation black smoke

Mike666
10-12-2011, 12:54 AM
I ran over an alligator....(FLORIDA)....:ugh: Car jumped... really hard hit car turned off. When i turned it back o,n car idle like crap... and no POWER I had to crawl the RPM wont go past 2.5k RPM with no power was able to get to a top speed of 40MPH with no power what so ever on car...felt like running on 1 cly, BLACK smoke coming out the exhaust.

Mods on S13

S13 Blacktop
ISIS FMIC
ISIS Intake
ISIS DP
Trust CATBACK
HKS BOV
STOCK t25 at 10PSI.

Things I have Checked FMIC PIPING...looks all good no couplers came off.

Do you think I blew my engine? or just some external thing?

Will Check MAF tomorrow first thing.

Give me ideas please!

Edwin562
10-12-2011, 01:00 AM
that gator must of been big.. lol

Mike666
10-12-2011, 01:05 AM
4-5ft I tought maybe it dented OIL pan and made the car starve oil.. but oil pan looks ok.

harrypotter
10-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Check the coil packs. If they are not bolted down they may be loose and not touching the tops of spark plugs. That is the only thing I could think of moving from a bump up. You know black smoke is unburnt gas, so check everything that gives it spark. Could be loose ignighter or wiring. I hit a turtle on I-10 going to jacksonvile once, shut dented the frame rail!

fliprayzin240sx
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Sounds like either you have a bad leak or a bad maf....did you pressurize your FMIC/vacuum system to make sure nothing got disconnected? Visually checking it doesnt always mean you'll spot the leaks.

Mike666
10-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Looks like a big crack and crushed in the FMIC is the problem! Damn alligator!

reallygood101
10-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Looks like a big crack and crushed in the FMIC is the problem! Damn alligator!

so forsure thats the problem, update when you fix the problem, i have the same problem but we dont have alligators up here in the north

Mike666
10-13-2011, 11:38 PM
so forsure thats the problem, update when you fix the problem, i have the same problem but we dont have alligators up here in the north

I just saw my FMIC was crushed and had a crack. once I replace for a new one I should know for sure.

Mike666
10-22-2011, 11:04 PM
FMIC was the problem! Changed it ran great untill at crussing speed my car started hesitating and no power again... now i have ticking noice in my head and almost no power... almost sound like my engine is sounding like a ticking subaru engine...

WaWa
10-22-2011, 11:52 PM
FMIC was the problem! Changed it ran great untill at crussing speed my car started hesitating and no power again... now i have ticking noice in my head and almost no power... almost sound like my engine is sounding like a ticking subaru engine...

alrite for one the black smoke coming out of your exhaust is oil... 2 the tickin noise could be anything from lifters to a bad rod... as much as i hate to say it you should probably take off your valve cover and make sure all your springs are tightened on correctly and if its not that then i'd go with bad rings... just not sure as to how the damn alligator fucked that up

fliprayzin240sx
10-23-2011, 07:34 AM
alrite for one the black smoke coming out of your exhaust is oil... 2 the tickin noise could be anything from lifters to a bad rod... as much as i hate to say it you should probably take off your valve cover and make sure all your springs are tightened on correctly and if its not that then i'd go with bad rings... just not sure as to how the damn alligator fucked that up

If his FMIC is fucked, my $5 says he fucking dented his oil pan too and pushed it against the sump. Now the engine is dying from oil starvation....

WaWa
10-23-2011, 09:12 AM
If his FMIC is fucked, my $5 says he fucking dented his oil pan too and pushed it against the sump. Now the engine is dying from oil starvation....

but bro he already said he replaced his FMIC because that was cracked and whatnot and checked the oil pan which was fine, i mean doesn't help to double check i suppose but i''m still going with what i said

Mike666
10-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Well yes Oil pan looked good, but you know this car the oil pick up is milliliter from the pan. so who knows. also I checked plugs and the all DONE maybe running rich fouled my plugs and made the car misfire and witchcraft then happen...

Or this might be a new problem all together.

WaWa
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
alirght so take the pan off and take a look... also you're saying your plugs are done? do you have any oil or burn markings in the cylinders where your plugs are?

Dbruesch
04-12-2012, 10:59 PM
i know its a little late but dont you think fragments from the broken intercooler traveled into the engine. i crushed my intercooler and by the time i got home i saw a piece of metal just past the throttle body