PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust leak??

xpinoyxmk
10-08-2011, 10:32 PM
So i've been having a lean issue with my car for about a month now and i think i found the problem.

Problem:
-Studs on turbo mani loosened and 2 top bolts on downpipe are seized up

Issues are:
-Afr is lean at first when driving(not in boost), like 16-17 afr but drops after about 10 sec to mid 14s
-Car bucks when its in the condition above till it stabilizes in the 14s
-When full throttle, seems laggy, sloppy spool, afr is the 14 range at full boost

My setup is:
Ka-t, solid 180 across all 4
Stock bottom end
arp head studs and felpro headgasket
s14 t28, 8lbs, no shaft play
370cc inj, were cleaned and tested by DW
Walbro, confirmed that its good
Isis fpr, set at 43, confirmed that its good
Nistune, little tune i threw on there

So are those issues caused by that problem?

Before my car ran perfect, went for a cruise, did 1 run with an evo(2-3 pull), stopped at a gas station, let it cool down for about 3-5 minutes, shut her off, went to start her back about and it ran like crap. Thankfully had my laptop and got it running decent enough to get home.

Now i have to figure out how to get those 2 bolts on the downpipe off...

Any help is appreciated.

KiLLeR2001
10-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Your problem is elsewhere. An exhaust leak will cause a rich condition. So I would seriously look into fixing your problem immediately because once you fix all exhaust leaks, you may run even leaner.

xpinoyxmk
10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Your problem is elsewhere. An exhaust leak will cause a rich condition. So I would seriously look into fixing your problem immediately because once you fix all exhaust leaks, you may run even leaner.

Forgot to mention this:

After I drive a little, idle afr drops to low 13s. Afr is lean only in boost then. Cruising afr is a little rich, low to mid 14s.

Definitely do not have any vacuum leaks. Went threw everything and replaced anything that look suspicious.

xpinoyxmk
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
bump

Anyone?