PDA

View Full Version : ISIS v2 manual boost controller install?

ka24debt
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
*ISIS V2 Manual Boost Controller [ IS-MBC2 ] - Enjuku Racing - Performance Parts and High Quality Fabrication (http://enjukuracing.com/isis-manual-boost-controller-p-8492.html)

anybody install one of these? because apparently they've sold over 400 of these new designs already and im the only one with a problem according to jeff from 240sx motoring when he called up. this controller did not come with any instructions, just what is seen in the product description. as seen in the pic has 4 ports. one is a feed, 2 get blocked off with the allen key bolts and the other goes to a boost source. the arrow on the mbc goes to the actuator and how i saw it is you can block off any 2 of the 4 ports youd like and run another vacuum line to a boost source. so i install the mbc in a "L" configuration and the my turbo will not read past 7 lbs and ajusted the knob and nothing.
from there i just switched one of the screwed the inserts directly across from the the arrow that directs the vacuum to the actuator and did NOT adjust the knob. i test drove the car and my t25 lived to see 21psi. any ideas? sorry if the post is confusing. obviously the controller is not regulating the amount of pressure that comes through. it cant be the mbc because they sent me 2 and both do the same thing. so if anybody has any pictures of how the installed theirs id really appriciate it.

SkyVision
02-17-2013, 12:23 PM
*ISIS V2 Manual Boost Controller [ IS-MBC2 ] - Enjuku Racing - Performance Parts and High Quality Fabrication (http://enjukuracing.com/isis-manual-boost-controller-p-8492.html)

anybody install one of these? because apparently they've sold over 400 of these new designs already and im the only one with a problem according to jeff from 240sx motoring when he called up. this controller did not come with any instructions, just what is seen in the product description. as seen in the pic has 4 ports. one is a feed, 2 get blocked off with the allen key bolts and the other goes to a boost source. the arrow on the mbc goes to the actuator and how i saw it is you can block off any 2 of the 4 ports youd like and run another vacuum line to a boost source. so i install the mbc in a "L" configuration and the my turbo will not read past 7 lbs and ajusted the knob and nothing.
from there i just switched one of the screwed the inserts directly across from the the arrow that directs the vacuum to the actuator and did NOT adjust the knob. i test drove the car and my t25 lived to see 21psi. any ideas? sorry if the post is confusing. obviously the controller is not regulating the amount of pressure that comes through. it cant be the mbc because they sent me 2 and both do the same thing. so if anybody has any pictures of how the installed theirs id really appriciate it.

Am having the same problem / connected the controller in a L shaped & well i adjusted it to the + a bunch of times & my gauge didn't even go over 10psi / i maybe saw about 8 to 9psi.

Am going to trying putting the fittings straight across like you did & see if it does anything because I think my boost gauge might be faulty.

The car did feel more powerful after a couple of adjustments, but saw no results on the boost gauge, but idk maybe that was because it was actually in the 40-50s last night here in Miami.

I think we got what we paid for cause 30$ for a manual boost controller is really cheap, but i was expecting better quality from isis regardless of the price.