PDA

View Full Version : its not my vac lines is it???

nissansilviasr20
10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
so i just finished a godspeed FMIC on my s13 it will start but has trouble sometimes. before i did the FMIC the engine seamed it had some sort of vacuum problem this is because whenever i tried to use more than lets say 20% throttle i get bogging and no acceleration or deceleration arround 3-4000rpm it would kinda just hover at said rpm. since i've put the FMIC on its seemed to make things worse here is my vac/pressure line leads.

top left of TB goes to the FPR t'd to the wastgate wich is also connected to the BPR and then to the intake nipple.
the top right on the TB is plugged.
then the bottom nipple on the TB is goin to BOV t'd to EAI solenoid, then to the EAI valve.

i've also checked my coil packs. (used my brothers)

i know there are a lot of problems that could be at steak here this is why i'm asking for help towards my VAC lines and such because as soon i positively know there right i can start troubleshooting. i have tried searching but a lot of ppl are bypassing there BPS, EAI selenoid and there canister. ive tried bypassing my canister too but want to keep my BPS and EAI is this possible????? if so let me know if not let me know the proper way of hooking my lines up without a nipple in my hotpipe.

thanks for any advice.......

SLiDe_WaYz
10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Wastegate should have it's own line. Get a 1/8th nipple and drill and tap it into the hot pipe on the intercooler. Then the top left on the tb goes to the fpr and you can T into that lube for the boost gauge, the top right goes to your bov, it needs to have it's own vacuum source DO NOT T into the bov line. The bottom port you can cap off it's pointless.

nissansilviasr20
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
thank you for your quick response i will definitely try this i was avoiding it originally thinking it was possible to rout my lines otherwise was i mistaken???

also one other thing i forgot to mention there was a steel vac line under my canister do i plug this (which is what i've done) or rout it into the system. i can add pics if anyone may be unaware of what im talking about.

thanks again.

SLiDe_WaYz
10-05-2011, 12:39 PM
The hardline for the charcoal canister you can plug or cap off.

SLiDe_WaYz
10-05-2011, 01:06 PM
The hardline for the charcoal canister you can plug or cap off.

Here ya go this should help.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj191/surferguy1990/eb9d3a25.jpg

T into the fpr line fir the boost gauge so you'll get vacuum pressure and boost. Cap off the bottom nipple on the throttle body, and run your bov by itself.

cotbu
10-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Not everyone has a port on the compressor or hot pipe. They do however have the port on the bottom of the throttle body. it's not pointless. It's the same as adding a port anywhere before the throttle body.
Connect the wastegate to the bottom port on the throttle body. Later you can drill and tap or weld a fitting on if you like.

Not that, you where wrong and I'm right. it's just, why complicate things when everything is half broken!<--- Half Broken Things!

SLiDe_WaYz
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
The port on the bottom of the throttle body isn't a good vacuum source. Whatever floats you guys boats tho I guess I know there's more than one way to run the lines

cotbu
10-05-2011, 10:21 PM
The port on the bottom of the throttle body isn't a good vacuum source.
So you added a port on the hot pipe for a vacuum source...., F'it I'm right you're wrong!

SLiDe_WaYz
10-05-2011, 11:21 PM
So you added a port on the hot pipe for a vacuum source...., F'it I'm right you're wrong!

Adding a port on the hot pipe is just like adding one onto your compressor, better and more stable boost response. Your not right, your wrong. You should not run a vacuum source to the bottom of the throttle body it's been covered in dozens of threads already.

Op spend 5$ on a 1/8 barbed nipple and just weld it or tap it into your hot pipe. Don't half as shit otherwise more shit will break.

cotbu
10-06-2011, 05:47 AM
it's a boost source, just like your adding to the hot pipe. When you cap it of it has a potential to leak. The throttle body is a perfect boost source. We are talking boost source, stop saying vacuum source!
My compressor housing has a port for a boost source, it goes to my Tial v44. (Side Port)
The bottom nipple on the throttle body goes to my boost control solenoid (in port) out goes to the top port on the Tial v44. I would have to add a boost source just to make 400hp with your type of thinking, it's ridiculous. You will learn that replacing parts because the internet said so, is lame. Just think different youngin!

cotbu
10-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Yeah while i'm at it. T'ing off the fuel pressure regulator is ok, in my book. as i said but it's been it's been covered in dozens of threads already, that you should not. go figure!

SLiDe_WaYz
10-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Okay, you do realize that the stock fpr doesn't do shit. So why not T into it. Bov needs it's own source. The wastegate needs it's own source.

Longer the line the more possibility you have of getting "spikes" or surges. That port is pointless it only works when under throttle. I can understand using it if you have a boost controller, but if you don't I really don't get why spending the extra 2-5$ on a barb on the hotpipe or compressor for your stock wastegate is so hard.

Like I said there are multiple ways to route your lines that work. Everyone has different ways and will argue over them. So were both right I guess. I would just prefer this way seems easier and leas headache.

cotbu
10-06-2011, 11:10 AM
You missunderstood, i said t'ing the fpr vac line is OK! We agree there, many people don't. I don't agree with the stock fpr does nothing. That's an idiotic comment.

The bov need a vac/boost source
The waste gate doesn't need to see vacuum. I measured pressure on a line from the bottom of the throttle body, to over 4feet away not an issue at 2.5 feet or less.

Most people are not going to add a nipple for everthing they need. Boost activated water inj, elect boost controller. I'm telling you they don't have to. And if that line doen't work for you don't use it.

Also i respect the guys at plms but they're vacuum routing is misleading switching from s13 to s14 in mid desciption.

Sent from my highly tuned vibrant!

cotbu
10-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I like to show you what the oem routing looks like.http://tapatalk.com/mu/ad3b2c5d-e259-1fc1.jpg

So you really cant go wrong! Sorry you had to add a nipple on the hot pipe and you would have better response if it was on the compressor housing. XD!

Sent from my highly tuned vibrant!