PDA

View Full Version : S13 KA24DE lacks power.

Jumpman31
10-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Before you say it...I've searched, and I've replaced all the parts I found.
Well, at least the last time I could search...my search page keeps timing out for some reason...anyways..long version and short version.

Long version: I bought my '93 Hatch in late April, with the intention of fixing it over my summer break. Simple fixes like taking the upper chain guide out just took longer and longer as I worked on the car, and after fixing one thing after another, I finally got it on the road a couple weeks ago. To my dismay, there was still something wrong, and I have yet to figure out what it is. The car starts up and runs fine until the engine gets warm. Once the engine warms up, the car lacks power in low rpms and the accelerator seems like its not completely synched. If I floor it, the car waits for at least a second and THEN the rpms come. Also, but probably unrelated, I realized that once I got into 2nd I could keep alternating between clutch and gas and keep inching my mph up slowly. At stop lights, sometimes the rpms get so low I keep the accelerator down a bit to keep the car from dying. If anybody has any ideas of what it might be, please let me know, thanks.

Short Version: I finally got my 93 hatch on the road and now I'm running into a bit of the problem when the engine gets warm. The engine seems under-powered, the accelerator seems out of synch, and I can't get more than 2500 rpms when I'm moving from stop lights. Please help! Thanks guys, any help is appreciated.

pstarkt87
10-05-2011, 01:07 AM
did you check : MAF, vacuum lines, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and the Halogen fluid?

mattack69
10-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Is your clutch completely fucked? As in is it engaging fully?

pstarkt87
10-05-2011, 01:47 AM
i think the problem is that its a ka24

Jumpman31
10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
did you check : MAF, vacuum lines, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and the Halogen fluid?
Will check MAF asap. I haven't checked the vacuum lines, but I just replaced the spark plugs, air filter, and fuel filter. Halogen fluid? Sorry, this is the first car I've had to do extensive work on, thanks for your help.

Is your clutch completely fucked? As in is it engaging fully?
I need to replace it soon, but I think its still engaging fully, yes.