PDA

View Full Version : ka-t wont start gets spark gas and compression is good. help!!!

champwho
10-04-2011, 12:39 AM
my ka-t isnt starting i did a full motor swap to a low mile ka and i through a turbo on it and it wont start the timing is right and it gets fuel and spark idk what can be wrong with it i been stuck on this project forever it just wont start help any ideas?? i accidently had a short in the wiring and i messed up one ecu and got another one and nowit wont start still so im stuck anyone got any ideas?
also compression is good i tested that..

FaLKoN240
10-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Make sure your fuel pump is priming, if you had a issue with blowing ecus, you might've blown the new one.

Are you running a rom tune or anything?

It took me 6 months to get my KA-T running and it turned out to be a bad ecu that wouldn't prime the pump.

champwho
10-10-2011, 09:05 PM
fuel pump is good it just wont start i have no reason i used another ecu and still wont start

chetacheese
10-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Does it crank? Im guessing it does since youre getting spark, fuel, and compression. if thats the case.

1.What kind of maf are you running and is it wired up correctly?

2.Check your dizzy, it can be of a couple gears/teeth.

Those are all I can think of to contribute at the moment. Take a look at those and respond. Hopefully we can help.

nujabe
10-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Make sure your fuels lines are not crossed !! I did that could not figure out why it would not start lol.

sr20sean
10-12-2011, 01:25 AM
x2 on the fuel lines

and check the timing i made the mistake of putting the distributor in wrong and it was off a tooth