PDA

View Full Version : SR or RB?

KravingAKouki
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, looking to buy a s14 and I would appreciate if you help me with a decision. A couple questions I have are; Which one is more reliable, and more efficient? Also, which one is cheaper? Which can withstand high hp? and last but not least how much would each swap cost me if I were to do it? Thanks Guys

fufanu180
09-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Just trying to give you a heads up bud.

NicoClub and 240SXFOURMS are for spoon feeding.

Ask around there first before you do it here. Plus do some searching on google. People can be dicks around here.

Just trying to handle the situation before somebody else(who isn't as nice) does.

7jpat
09-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Just trying to give you a heads up bud.

NicoClub and 240SXFOURMS are for spoon feeding.

Ask around there first before you do it here. Plus do some searching on google. People can be dicks around here.

Just trying to handle the situation before somebody else(who isn't as nice) does.

ha ha 240sxfourm a spoon feeder , ive been on there fr 2 years , and their :smash: too
but yeah search that shit is everywhere

twinspool
09-27-2011, 07:31 PM
search you douche bag! fuck you!! lmao that's basically what everyone here would say to you.. sr = spend money rb = spend a lot of money

jdm213
09-27-2011, 11:35 PM
sr stands for still rich rb stands for running broke ... both are fun engines you will be happy with both just rb is more $$$ and parts are more $$$

Rafa-Z
09-27-2011, 11:45 PM
if you want numbers you go with a bigger engine but yeah what everyone said before me.

ultimateirving
09-29-2011, 07:00 PM
layzee!!!!!
sr power all the way. good for over 9000 whp

NoPistons!
09-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Both are a waste of money imo but since you asked:

RB CONS:

Heavy as fuck.

Oil pump drive gear breakage.

Oil in head likes to stay there. Go ahead and throw it hard or corner hard enough to slosh a low oil level in the pan away from the pickup and the potential to spin rod bearings is pretty high.

RB PROS:

Sounds good as fuck.

Godzilla swag.

Torque.

Strong valvetrain

Doesn't need very much "building" to be fun.

SR CONS:

Weaksauce soda can block.

Shitty valvetrain/rocker issues. Keep spares handy......

SR PROS:

Light.

Lots of parts stateside due to Jdm hype, drifting demand and people hating ka's. Blow it up, parts are just a craigs add phonecall away and they pop up pretty frequent in the zilvia f/s and other 240 forums.....

If i had to pick, i'd dump money into an RB. Just put the oil plugs in the head, install a drain to the sump and rock a crank collar with an n1 pump maybe. But my inline six of choice is of the jz family. KA is my favorite 4 banger. With the right tune, you can have a reliable 300+whp internally stock down to the headgasket. Detonation, overheating and poor maintenance cause head gasket failure. Eh, it's whatever. Just do your homework and dont worry too much about what you'd like other people to think. Fuck em, it's your car.

KravingAKouki
10-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Haha thanks NoPistons! I dont give a fuck what people think of it, but I just needed some pros/cons on both for a decision. I think ill be rocking a rb(soon enough), i got a 2jz, and a ka at my place. Thanks to all for the help

Ramonesfreak2010
10-01-2011, 03:25 PM
U have a 2JZ? Pics please!

jdm213
10-02-2011, 03:47 AM
rb maybe heavier but for the power it definatley backs itself up in the department and u dont have to really worry about its weight just make sure its healthy and you do things right the first time