PDA

View Full Version : tried searching..dont flame..

Arireese
09-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Specs incase it matters

S13 Redtop
S15 turbo
gay ass screamer pipe
3 inch apexi cat back with trust down pipe
greddy intake
No BOV

but when im driving for a long period of time..like 2 hours? It throws the CEL and trys to shut it self off... Now if i like slip the clutch to make it rev high, itll stay alive, ive had to do that once since it tried to shut off in the middle of the boulevard..

TPS? I dont really have time to check the codes, because when it throws the code, Im usually out somewhere..and cant check it out.. anyone had a similiar or the same issue?

theboy
09-26-2011, 11:14 AM
ya dude if your not willing to try to help yourself out. How in the hell do you expect zilvia members to do you any good. I doubt its your tps killing your car. Stop being lazy as fuck, pull the passneger kick panel, and next time the CEL comes on get codes. Im sure it has them stored even now. So go pull them and come back with factual information that will do any of us any good in helping you.

Welcome to zilvia, hope you brought ice for all the flame your about to get.

nismoracingsx
09-26-2011, 12:45 PM
my ka does that, but I think its my egi relay getting too hot and shorting out..
only shuts off after long hot operation times...

pull your engine fuse box if you insist on not pulling codes and check any fuel/ign relays for extreme heat and try tapping them with the handle of a screwdriver or something

works for my hatch and keeps me from rage killing my car in the middle of the street

Arireese
11-25-2011, 07:52 PM
turned out to be my maf plug coming off..lol. Thanks anyway guys.