PDA

View Full Version : s14 sr20det vacuum lines

fufanu180
09-26-2011, 09:32 AM
I want to be sure I have this right. All the pictures on google and the forums are either S13 related or just simply not what I'm looking at. So please no bashing....I only ask for help when I've done all I can do myself.

Here's what I got.

On the throttle body:
-left vacuum port is plugged off
-Right vacuum port is going to the boost pressure solenoid for my EBC and boost gauge.(which I know isn't right because my gauge is only reading boost, not vacuum)

On the Intake manifold:
-there's only one vacuum port and it points out toward the engine. This one is directly linked to the FPR. I heard that "T"ing off from this line isn't smart but this appears to be the only one I can use to get a reading for my boost gauge.

Right below the throttle body. These two ports appear to go back towards the IACV:
-The left vacuum port is currently hooked up to the BOV.
-The right vacuum port is plugged off.

Possibly not relevant. The other sensor for my EBC is hooked up as follows.
-NO to the hot side of the IC piping
-COM to the wastegate only.

I just want to be positive that this is correct.

Like I said, I've done all the research I can do to make certain that this is right but the car is still running like shit and wants to cut out when I try and go into boost.

Thanks in advance guys.

fufanu180
09-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Nothing?

CenTex240

K_style
09-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Did you check FSM?

Nissan Factory Service Manual (FSM) (http://www.phase2motortrend.com/nifasemaf.html)

fufanu180
09-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes and it can be quite confusing. If you have an s14 sr then just using yours as a reference would be great.

fufanu180
09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p293/fufanu180/sr20det-1.jpg

fufanu180
09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
The yellow can't be tampered with? No Boost gauge or anything "T"d off?

The two red ports are the ones that appear to come out from the IACV?

And the green one comes from under the throttle body?

jr_ss
09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
You can tee off the FPR line for a boost gauge. I have before and it was fine. The larger one of them all is for your IACV. Use the other one for your blow off/EBC or what have you. The ones on the T/B only see boost sources, optimal for your wastegate.

fufanu180
09-27-2011, 12:10 PM
I tapped into the hotpipe right from the turbo so my ebc reads the boost from there. Would that be ideal? Or do I still run it to the throttle body and just T off to the ebc?

CenTex240

jr_ss
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought that EBCs needed a vacuum read as well? I may be wrong, but if it doesn't then that will work.

cotbu
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
You are correct!
Usually, the control unit gets the vacuum source and the solenoid get the boost only source.