PDA

View Full Version : help! clutch problem.

Innovative
09-20-2011, 10:07 PM
engine: sr20det
clutch: spec stage 3

ok so i was drifting around :lfault: in the parking lot then took it through 1-5 gears on a straight away. no bullshit, i was beating on the car.:mephfawk:

ok so my clutch pedal sunk in.
it still engages but now all the way in the bottom. and the pedal doesnt go all the way back with out me pulling it back with my toes from under. :bash:

im either thinking my slave went bad or theres a crack in the line.
i got a new slave and a braided master to slave line. so hopefully that will fix it, but i wanted to know what are your opinions on what else could it be.

has anyone had a problem like this and would like to share what actually was the [problem]?

ShadowMan
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
I had that problem. I replaced clutch operating cylinder because it looked like the previous removed and intsalled with a sledge hammer, and then completely flushed the line with new fluid, and that solved it. If you had a crack in your line you see see fluid puddling under your car. Seeing how you bought a whole new line you'll be using all brand new fluid anyway. You should be good imo.

Innovative
09-21-2011, 01:02 AM
thanks homie, hearing words like this make me happy. means i can go back to sliding on the regs.