PDA

View Full Version : Question about front end

BadazzSr20
09-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey all

I have a 97 kouki and i wanted to know if theres a sway bar or something up front that i can remove so when i launch the car the front will come up.

I know on my 97 stang there was a sway bar that i removed and it made a big diffrence for weight tranfer. Does the 97 240sx have this?

Thanks guys

SomeoneWhoIsntMe
09-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Taking the front sway off won't change the amount of weight transfer front to back, it will only affect the weight transfer side to side. Also, taking it off will make the car handle shitty when you're not at the drag strip.

Your S14 is going to hook way different than a solid rear end car, but you can adjust the anti-squat geometry of the IRS to help it get more grip. Basically, in the rear you need to lower the front attachment points and raise the rear ones. SPL, URAS, and I'm sure other companies make subframe bushings to do this. Also, I'd wager upgrading the traction/toe/RUCA will help, as well as possibly running softer shocks in the rear.

BadazzSr20
09-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Thank you,

Well as of right now my car hooks mean as hell on the streets. I can even get it to charp 2nd and im pushing 300+wheel. I thought with the sway bar being removes i woukd get more of a body twist that will help pick up the front end off the ground.

Ill look more into what u said and take it from there. But if i wanted to try and remove the sway bar and try it out at the track it can be done or no?

I would like to see how it reacts at the track

!Zar!
09-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Why are you trying to lift your front end off the ground?

roushman90
09-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeaahh.........anyways....

nighthawk48
09-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Why are you trying to lift your front end off the ground?

yea seriously...why??

BadazzSr20
09-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Same reason why people
Like to slide there cars sideway for the rush.

Launching at the track while ur look at sky is my high in the sport.

To eaches own.

!Zar!
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I just open my sunroof and tilt the seat back...

!Zar!
09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Anyways, your car needs a lot of torque, not just horsepower.

You need some wrinkle walled drag slicks, low pressure in them, soft springs, and a prepped track with vht if your ass is trying to pop wheelies.

Because you aren't going to get anywhere with 300hp and some all seasons on dusty ass streets.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_vqAed66xSxkBrVUDhNjAL20uLVTKn hWmmWi81V27vEGcupXw1zX-6O96

Chaluska
09-20-2011, 03:26 PM
get a more powerful engine, with WAY more torque, higher gears, and stickier tires.

demonspeed
09-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I read this and suddenly Vin Diesel in a black muscle car comes to mind....

omgRWDgoodness!
09-20-2011, 04:10 PM
lol, never seen this fool at the track or on the street.

I'm the only kouki in this town.

User_Name
09-20-2011, 04:17 PM

That's because you don't go to the tracks! :ddog:

BadazzSr20
09-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Im sure u seen me before i been to the race meets with a few diffrent cars of mine. The kouki has been to the race meets not many cause im not a big fan of street racing.

I know u i think i seen u at the old hooters meet ur the white kouki with rb25 in it.

User_Name
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Im sure u seen me before i been to the race meets with a few diffrent cars of mine. The kouki has been to the race meets not many cause im not a big fan of street racing anymore.

U want to run me im down and ur kouki isnt the only one in town i know of 5 just off the top if my head. One of them witch is packing a rb25 sweet ride.

Paul IS the guy packing the Rb25 in his Kouki.
Just like meh! :D

BadazzSr20
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Paul IS the guy packing the Rb25 in his Kouki.
Just like meh! :D

Ya i seen u guys around i just dont street racing. to much to lose in my life just for a race. I like the track better thats where the boys get seperate from the men. :)

User_Name
09-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Ya i seen u guys around i just dont street racing. to much to lose in my life just for a race. I like the track better thats where the boys get seperate from the men. :)

Naw,
I live in California.

misterbrownpants
09-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey all

I have a 97 kouki and i wanted to know if theres a sway bar or something up front that i can remove so when i launch the car the front will come up.

I know on my 97 stang there was a sway bar that i removed and it made a big diffrence for weight tranfer. Does the 97 240sx have this?

Thanks guys

Back on track, removing the front sway bar MIGHT make a difference. And I say "might" because it depends on how badly the bar is binding up your suspension. In an ideal world, it would make no difference whether you have your front sway bar installed or not because ideally, the bushings would have zero bind. But if your bar has the stock rubber bushings on the d-links, you'll be getting a little bit of binding. And it depends on how picky you want to be. The difference it'll make from removing the front sway bar would probably be marginal at best, but if you're one of those guys who wants to make every little bit count, then you'll make every little bit count.

BadazzSr20
09-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Back on track, removing the front sway bar MIGHT make a difference. And I say "might" because it depends on how badly the bar is binding up your suspension. In an ideal world, it would make no difference whether you have your front sway bar installed or not because ideally, the bushings would have zero bind. But if your bar has the stock rubber bushings on the d-links, you'll be getting a little bit of binding. And it depends on how picky you want to be. The difference it'll make from removing the front sway bar would probably be marginal at best, but if you're one of those guys who wants to make every little bit count, then you'll make every little bit count.

Thank you very much sir!!

I know it wont be crazy amounts of diffrence but i would like to try it for shits an giggles.

omgRWDgoodness!
09-20-2011, 05:25 PM
:ddog:
Yes I do, unless they cancel the event because of a couple drops of rain and a little bit of thunder -__- So anyways, how do they know my name on the west coast now? lol

Words
I guess you haven't seen me, I have an RB25 but my car is not white. And I don't street race :rolleyes: nor have I ever been to the Hooters meet.

:spank:

misterbrownpants
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Don't forget to keep your pants brown

Kevin_S14
09-20-2011, 05:54 PM
i LOL :ddog:

BadazzSr20
09-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! http://cdn1.zilvia.net/images/zilvia/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/409099-question-about-front-end.html#post4261861)

:spank:

so i guess ur not the only kouki running this town cause theres a lot of them so many im mistake them for you lol.

nighthawk48
09-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I just open my sunroof and tilt the seat back...

lol.

like !Zar! said, its not just about horsepower. Shedding weight helps too in addition to what has been said.

omgRWDgoodness!
09-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Don't forget to keep your pants brown
That ought to be your signature.

so i guess ur not the only kouki running this town cause theres a lot of them so many im mistake them for you lol.
I was just giving you a hard time, only because I haven't seen you around :kiss:

misterbrownpants
09-22-2011, 09:46 AM
That ought to be your signature.

I can't... you have to actively keep your pants brown. It's not something that just happens automatically... unless... :wiggle: