PDA

View Full Version : My HKS build

Flo-ridaz33
09-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Ok after selling my Greddy Tuner... then buying a Turbonetics(now pending sale)... now I bought a HKS SuperCharger kit from Kasimmmmmm. I'm really going to finish the Z this time around so here's my build list so far. I'm currently in Afghanistan and all these parts will be at my house on arrival. Asterisk items on my list are optional and not 100% sure. I'm getting info from different area's and I read pretty much all of ITOzann's build thread, I'm holding off on headers b/c I don't think it'll be worth it. Kasim made about 360wph/290Tq so with the extra things I'm picking up I should be in the 370/300ish arena.

-HKS Supercharger kit... Rotrex C30-94 not a HKS7404
-Osiris Uprev Tuner
-90mm pulley
-600cc DW's
-Walbro FP
-CJM Stage 0
-Motordyne ART Pipes
-Motordyne MREV 2
-Motordyne XYZ Resonated Y-pipe
-Greddy Elite
-Stillen Oil Cooler
-Stillen Oil pan
-Koyo 50mm
-No name power steering cooler
-ARC V2 CatchCan

I managed to get a HKS CF engine cover(only 3 in the US... I own 2). The pipes are going to be powder coated candy purple to match my Kirk cage but the intercooler stays in either natural metal color or the end tanks get painted black. I'm limited to exhaust options due to my 1st Moulding Diffuser so it has to be an OEM styled exhaust.

The kit has an older Rotrex Supercharger so I'm waiting for Sam at GTM to confirm I can do the Power Upgrade to the older unit. He sometime's takes a while to respond so as soon as I get some clarification... let the ordering begin:icon38:.

Those who have the kit are more than welcome to chime in. I know a lot of people talk about going FI but this will be my only attempt and after my Z... normal road going non modded cars for me.

Here's a pic of the engine cover off the HKSUSA Demo car(it's the actual one I own)

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k113/jnegro19/sccp_0802_02_z2004_hks_supercharged_350zvq35de_eng ine_with_hks_gt_supercharger_kit.jpg

Here's something totally irrelevant to the boost but something you guys may enjoy... HKS Endless BBK:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k113/jnegro19/001-7.jpg

I'll update my progress when I get home Oct 1st... enjoy.

Imarvin240
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
looks like a nice start...and im jealous of the bbk.

Flo-ridaz33
09-20-2011, 02:52 PM
looks like a nice start...and im jealous of the bbk.

Thanks dude... I just happen to be the quickest to the Paypal. I just wanted to post my very mild Z build to change it up here.

300ZXttZMAN
11-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Update?????

xX240-SXx
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
^^^ same here any updates?

Flo-ridaz33
11-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Well I left the car at the installer yesterday. We ran into a problem with the bypass valve that caused us to have questions about viable replacements. Long story short, the previous owner of the kit used meth and it ate the OEM bypass valve seal. The problem is that HKS uses a recirculate bypass for the OEM but doesn't offer a replacement as its been discontinued so now I wasn't sure what I could do to remedy the problem. HKS offers a race model that is atmospheric model witha 8-10lb that would take 6-9 weeks to get here from Japan. I picked up a SSQV BOV now. Here's a teaser of the wheel and brake set up.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k113/jnegro19/59654606.jpg