PDA

View Full Version : Trying to part together fuel mods for a big28 turbo

jakez
09-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Planning on going with a big28 from forced performance which is basically a reworked t25 so it's literally a drop in turbo upgrade.

But I need fuel. I was told by fp that the minimum I need on a stock s13 sr is a walbro fuel pump and larger injectors. So I bought a walbro and now I'm trying to figure out what I need to upgrade my injectors, I'm guessing side feed is the way to go. I'd like to do it as cheap as possible but if I have to spend a bit more for something that is a lot easier to install then I guess that'd be better.

1. Would 550cc be enough for me to eventually max out the big28? I believe it flows 520cfm.

2. Most importantly, once I buy injectors what else do I need to install them? An adapter? Spacers? Are those both the same thing?

3. Is a tune ABSOLUTELY required? Or would an upgraded maf trick the ecu into flowing correct fuel amounts? (Sorry read that somewhere..)

Thank you for any help! I searched here and Google and can't find any info on what I need.

sr20sean
09-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Planning on going with a big28 from forced performance which is basically a reworked t25 so it's literally a drop in turbo upgrade.

But I need fuel. I was told by fp that the minimum I need on a stock s13 sr is a walbro fuel pump and larger injectors. So I bought a walbro and now I'm trying to figure out what I need to upgrade my injectors, I'm guessing side feed is the way to go. I'd like to do it as cheap as possible but if I have to spend a bit more for something that is a lot easier to install then I guess that'd be better.

1. Would 550cc be enough for me to eventually max out the big28? I believe it flows 520cfm.

2. Most importantly, once I buy injectors what else do I need to install them? An adapter? Spacers? Are those both the same thing?

3. Is a tune ABSOLUTELY required? Or would an upgraded maf trick the ecu into flowing correct fuel amounts? (Sorry read that somewhere..)

Thank you for any help! I searched here and Google and can't find any info on what I need.

judging by every thread you make you really dont search for ANYTHING do you?

1) 550cc should be enough. well depending on what youre boosting to...
2) if theyre side feed you shouldnt need anything.
3) YES you will need a tune. dont depend on it to automatically adjust itself. youre going to need a new maf anyway if you plan to "max out" your turbo since the sr maf is maxed out at 250hp.

fliprayzin240sx
09-16-2011, 08:00 PM
No, you don't need a tune...

if you don't want your car to run...

jakez
09-16-2011, 08:01 PM
judging by every thread you make you really dont search for ANYTHING do you?

1) 550cc should be enough. well depending on what youre boosting to...
2) if theyre side feed you shouldnt need anything.
3) YES you will need a tune. dont depend on it to automatically adjust itself. youre going to need a new maf anyway if you plan to "max out" your turbo since the sr maf is maxed out at 250hp.

I search my ass off before I make a thread trust me, vbulletins search feature blows and everyone knows this. I read a bunch of threads here and through Google and some people talking about needing plugs or spacers or a fuel rail or other shit but I couldn't tell if that was just because they bought some injectors they needed other things for. Nothing I read at all gave me the idea that I could just simply buy injectors and swap them in without any wiring, changing plugs, or buying o-rings. So you saying that I CAN simply swap injectors in and thats it is news to me.

I have an old emanage blue sitting around somewhere I think I'll just use that for fuel control.

Thank you!

jr_ss
09-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Get a real tune, throw that piggy back out the door and make sure it hits a trash can. Otherwise you'll be back here saying, "my motor is knocking, or I have low compression and smoke coming from my exhaust." Been there, done that, contact JWT or Enthalpy.

idahotuner
09-18-2011, 01:49 PM
The words big t28 and t25 make me smile LOL.

NoPistons!
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Piggybacks aren't worth the parts they are made out of. Get a rom or stand alone. You wont be able to control injectors that big effectively with an safc/emanage. EMU, yes. The blue box? No. Not enough correction.

Look into an n60 or n62 maf or switch to management that is map-based. I know some guys on KA-T.org were trying to do away with the maf all together to run the system just off a map sensor (EMU) but unless you are trying to innovate and do something different just try out an existing system.

Wideband
Management

That's what you need.

Also, you could switch to top feed. Godspeed and a few other companies sell a top feed rail that bolts right in on an sr. Requires mods to fit on ka.

jakez
09-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Piggybacks aren't worth the parts they are made out of. Get a rom or stand alone. You wont be able to control injectors that big effectively with an safc/emanage. EMU, yes. The blue box? No. Not enough correction.

Look into an n60 or n62 maf or switch to management that is map-based. I know some guys on KA-T.org were trying to do away with the maf all together to run the system just off a map sensor (EMU) but unless you are trying to innovate and do something different just try out an existing system.

Wideband
Management

That's what you need.

Also, you could switch to top feed. Godspeed and a few other companies sell a top feed rail that bolts right in on an sr. Requires mods to fit on ka.
I've got an AEM Uego already and will be getting either a JWT or Enthalpy tune that will all go in at once with the fuel mods and turbo. Most likely have an n62 maf going in at the same time as well.

fufanu180
09-24-2011, 04:04 PM
N62>Z32?

Can you wire in the wideband that way the ecu reads the wideband signals rather than the o2 signals? My car is running super lean with my aem wideband. Like at idle it doesn't give a reading. While driving it jumps around 14.8-16

CenTex240

jakez
09-24-2011, 06:10 PM
N62>Z32?

Can you wire in the wideband that way the ecu reads the wideband signals rather than the o2 signals? My car is running super lean with my aem wideband. Like at idle it doesn't give a reading. While driving it jumps around 14.8-16

CenTex240

N62 = Z32, z32 is the code for the car and n62 is the code for it's maf part.

Not sure about wiring the wideband to the ecu. Are you sure it's not a bad maf making you run lean? I made the mistake of moving around my maf and maf plug wires a couple days ago and now my idle is all messed up. It was idling fine @ 15.3-15.7 and now it likes to idle around 16.5-17.1 or sometimes idles rich as hell like 11.5-12.5 for some reason. And the idle also sounds a little sputtery. Try wiggling your maf wires a bit and see if your idle changes. I'm basically trying to move my wires around now until my idle hit's that sweet spot again, what a pain, and it stalled earlier while doing this so I got pissed and haven't messed with it all day lol.

fufanu180
09-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. For the longest time I thought they were different.

I'll try messing with the o2. But if I just unplug the o2 won't it run pig rich all the time?
CenTex240

fliprayzin240sx
09-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh yah, 550 will not be enough to power up a Big28 from Forced Performance. 550s will max out around 300hp. Buddy of mine made 370 ish on that turbo, you'll run out of fuel before you get there. Get 740cc atleast...

Ninja Edit: Correction, he made 425on the Forced Performance TD06-20G and was running 850cc.
Back from the Dyno!

425whp/371ft.lbs @ 1.3bar
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/SkylineGT_01/S15dyno-1.jpg

e6IsYD2nDGo