PDA

View Full Version : Car dies after return to idle.

Trevor144
09-15-2011, 07:16 PM
I have tried just about everything. cleaned maf, checked for vacuum leaks, new plugs, wires, and previous owner replaced ecu, iacv, fuel injectors and put a cold air intake on it. Checked ECU codes got code 12, maf sensor. But the thing is, I CAN still rev above 2.5k, and whenever I unplug maf sensor the car's idle gets even worse, almost immediately stalling. This is really getting to me.

I have to leave the throttle body a slight bit open to even drive the car, and it's definitely running rich, I can also hear a slight misfire at low rpms. It idles fine when the car is in motion, but at a stop it won't "hold" idle. Someone please help, I've literally searched every forum and still can't figure it out.

I have the Ka24de motor, 183,500 miles. No smoke, but it does leak from the front seal.

rcdad123
09-16-2011, 06:35 AM
borrow a known good MAF and try it on.

4x4le
09-16-2011, 09:20 AM
no rev over 2.5k means dead or unplugged maf. Code for a maf on your ecu means there might be something wrong with your maf although it seems to work somewhat.

As suggested, try a known good one

Trevor144
09-16-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't know anyone around here that still has an s13 sadly. All the junkyards I've checked just have the single cam 240's. And now there is gas in the oil, again. Damn this car is a piece..

themda
09-17-2011, 04:54 PM
clean the ground wire/reground the wire that is infront of your battery. its grounds the harness from the fuse box thats next to the battery. its grounded on the chassis where the headlights are mounted. find other grounds and clean them up, could be a bad* ground from the MAF. buy electric parts cleaner and spray down connections to clean up the contacts, then apply electric plug grease

rb25s13vert
09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
sounds like a vac leak to me. had something similar on my ka, i think it was a cracked brake booster hose or something like that.