PDA

View Full Version : RB20 came with larger injectors...

liquidus
09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
So, I got a 240 with an RB20 swap in it. It came with 550cc injectors instead of the stock 270cc ones. It also has a SAFC in it. Previous owner says it runs a bit rough because the SAFC isn't tuned for the larger injectors yet.

So, I'm getting myself into a bit of trouble buying this I guess, but I got it for cheap, so hopefully I can make it work. However, I've tried searching around and haven't found much good advice.

I just want to know the simplest way of making this engine run normally. I just want to compensate for the larger injectors and make the car driveable. What is the simplest way of accomplishing this.

Thanks,
Rob

rob22
09-14-2011, 05:04 PM
safc is usually needed when you upgrade to bigger injectors or maf.
its used to compensate the difference.
search around for the exact settings for your 550's or just buy stock 270's and replace them.
im pretty sure the stock ones can be had for under $100

liquidus
09-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I've never had to mess with something like this, I've always had stock ECUs and fuel injectors in any engine swap I've done before. So, I feel like an idiot. I guess this is a good excuse to learn though...

I actually searched on google and ebay for stock rb20 injectors and couldn't find them, which I thought was kinda strange. If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I've tried looking around for settings for 550's, or even settings for a stock rb20, but once again no luck. I've searched all the forums, google, etc, I'm having a tough time here.

Thanks Again,
Rob

JSimpson
09-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Dude just set the SAFC up. Its super easy. Keep the 550s. Where are you in Indiana?

liquidus
09-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately I just moved to Iowa, but I'll be in Indy this weekend to pick up the car. I know there is a way to setup the SAFC, but I don't know the best way to do it.

If you can help me out in any way I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks,
Rob

liquidus
09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Okay, so, I've kept researching, and it looks like I need a wideband or to go to a dyno. Either way I should then be able to use the SAFC to adjust the fuel ration on the larger injectors, making the engine work properly. Does this sound accurate?