PDA

View Full Version : Rb25det Neo engine ??

mikulec240
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
It out of an r34 GTT
i have a few questions i have heard of the motor i justt want to know is the swap similar to regular rb25?
is it hard to wire this or do a lot of people know how to?
is it worth it buying this motor and e different or just get the regular 25?
jsut need to know something about the motor i have a stock s13 hatch that im gonna put it in its a florida car rust freeand i need a ball park how much it would be to complete the swap?
thanks guys sorry just had to run it by the guys that would know the answers

Sileighty_85
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Makes a little more power than an R33 RB25. Not too different from an R33 RB.
You can find more answers by searching.

If you need a swap guide you can look for my build thread.

drift freaq
09-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Actually its rated at 270hp stock and the RB's are known to be underrated in the HP by Nissan.
It is a LEV engine which means its pretty damn clean burning. Do not sneeze at these engines unless you plan on going for a super crazy build this engine is the nicest of the stock RB25's.

There are people here on the forum running this motor and they can tell you about the wiring.
As far as swapping it in goes it would be the same as any other RB25 except for a few wiring differences.
Is it worth it? It all depends on what you are paying for it. If you can get it for the same cost of a R33 RB25 then buy it. If you can get it cheaper then buy it.

There is a lot of information here about RB's and all over the net. There is a RB Engine thread in the engine tech section as well.

Read and learn.

mikulec240
09-13-2011, 09:37 PM
i can get it for around $2000 it is still in the skyline im going to test drive the car saturday and then he is gonna pull it out and sell it to me. I guess thats the best part about the situation. im planning on maybe just tuning and small bolt on nothing special( for now)

MADE
09-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Save money and got with a series one or two if your going to modify. If your saying stock NEO is proabbly the way to go. The EMS, Injectors and others smaller parts are not interchangable.

I paided 2X more for a used PFC for the NEO than I did for a new one for my SR.

usmctankmech
09-14-2011, 01:42 PM
The main difference between the two engines is the the NEO has solid lifters and different cams and thats how they coax 280 out of them,

Sileighty_85
09-14-2011, 04:47 PM
The main difference between the two engines is the the NEO has solid lifters and different cams and thats how they coax 280 out of them,

I think it might be the bigger turbo. Although those help