PDA

View Full Version : Halp please. Need to get my car fixed pl0x :/

iJDM
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
When I try to start the car, the starter spins, but the engine doesn't crank at all. I took the starter of of my other s13 but the same thing happened. The key was turned to start after the car had already been started and that's what caused this. The new starter is still on and spins freely but won't start the car, or engage with the flywheel at all. Does my starter need shims? I had a new flywheel installed before this happened, but could I already need a new flywheel because of the key being turned to start after already running? Any help would be really appreciated. I need to figure this out ASAP as I have no other way of getting around other than my s13 and I have work, school, etc. I work hard and I'm away from my house from 6am until 8pm, at least and it sucks not having a good car to get me where I need to be :/ Please helpppppp

tuforteee
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
an old, wise saying goes: never buy a car that you cannot push... time for a starter change?

rcdad123
09-12-2011, 10:46 AM
you can start the car by putting it in 1st gear and push it a few inches. that will rotate the flywheel and you might get a good set of flywheel teeth to engage with the starter. if it engages, you need a new flywheel.

Mr.GT30
09-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Did you check flywheel before install? It could possibility be a wrong one if that a case.

iJDM
09-12-2011, 11:53 AM
I didn't install it, the inspection shop did -.-

And I can pop start it, so that means I do need a new flywheel and my car will start/drive then?

Mr.GT30
09-12-2011, 01:40 PM
before I say YES. So your car still in the shop? never see the road , i assume right?, if that a case YES . may be ask them to check your flywheel , hopefully they the one supply your those Flywheel.