PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 locked up

terrence
09-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Ok, long story short I rebuilt my s14 sr back in may and got it on the road and running in august. Took the car for a few spins and it was fine. Took around the block after bleeding the power steering and it started making a bad knocking sound. I tried to limp it home but it just got progressivley worse and then died. The car would not start again so I had to push it home. There were no fluids or external signs of engine or drive train damage. When I got it home I assumed it was the flywheel or clutch so I put the car on stands and started to pull the transmission. Due to school and work it sat for a few weeks and I pulled the transmission today. I went to rotate the motor from the crank and it would not turn. I pulled all the plugs and tried again and it still doesn't turn. This motor has less than 5 miles on the rebuild, I would hate to think I killed it this fast.

I'm to the point that if I can't get this car fixed I'm just going to have to part it out. I just don't have the time or money to pull the motor and fix this shit if it has to come to that. So any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

jesse_s13
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Sounds like it siezed..... =/

Toi
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
^^ + 1, did you do the standard practice with oil through after the rebuild?

negrosx13
09-12-2011, 12:33 AM
no oil pressure gauge?