PDA

View Full Version : Sr 3071r hp numbers????

stevecorrado88
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
I was just wondering what hp s13 sr make with a 3071r set up. Dyno sheets or peoples setup with some hp numbers will be great and how long have u had this setup in the car for. My cars mods

3071r .63 t3 top mount setup
Tial 38mm wastegate on a 21 psi spring
Power fc d-jetro street tuned by Kahren
740cc injectors
Tomei 256/256 poncams
Isis intake mani
Single scroll exhaust mani

Can't afford dyno runs right now so please post some numbers.

4x4le
09-09-2011, 02:18 AM
your running 21 psi on pump gas on a street tune and your car hasnt seen a dyno?
lower boost....

fliprayzin240sx
09-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Enough to easily break 400hp. But no engines/tunes are alike, so looking at somebody else's dyno won't do you no good. Go find a shop with a dyno, most shop will do 3 pulls for about $50. It would be a wise investment since you'll get what you want and also get an AFR reading that could potentially save your engine if your street tuner sucks.

4x4le
09-09-2011, 05:01 AM
just save up and get dyno tuned by someone. I bet there is so much power waiting to be released in there

stevecorrado88
09-09-2011, 06:21 AM
The guy who tuned it is known to be really good here on the east coast. He was meantioned on ziptied plenty of times and back in the day was heavythrottle and builtperformance dyno tuner and street tuner. I'm sure he has also tuned for other companys too. I no that every car is different, just wanted to see what other people are running that's all.

4x4le
09-09-2011, 06:26 AM
really good street tuner huh?

There is data a dyno can give him that his ass cannot. I dont care what anyone says.
Street tuners, con artist, call them what ever you want.

smelly240
09-09-2011, 07:21 AM
If you can afford a 3071r setup - you can afford 3 pulls on a dyno.

If you cant afford 50 bucks - you are in the wrong game and you should find a new hobby.

4x4le
09-09-2011, 07:37 AM
People cant point at their tune and show off in a parking lot, and dont carry their dyno graphs around with them.

If people cant hold the part they dont want to pay good money for it. People take tuning as a joke.

He needs to spend about $500 on the dyno with a tuner. I can probably post graphs of cars with smaller turbos, stock cams, and stock ecus tuned with nistune with better results if he will ever post a graph

smelly240
09-09-2011, 08:02 AM
In his defense - at least he got someone else to tune his car instead of wingin it himself. My thing is - you can tell him what someone else with cams and a 30r made and it wont mean anything.

Kids come in every day thinking they have X amount of horsepower and when they get all sad - they fork up the loot and get their car tuned right there...

RB25 guys are notorious for this -

4x4le
09-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Its always funny to me to see people come in and the dyno dynamics tells them they are 150+ hp less than what they thought they were. It almost always happens.

Its also funny when they tell me they have the fuel map tuned perfect and they just need me to do the timing map. Their fuel goes rich lean rich lean rich lean rich lean as all they did on the street was just that and their wide band averaged it as their 3rd gear pulls on the street just let it rip through the rpms way too fast to do anything accuratly.

3071r huh, something capable of 400-450 whp and your making enough traction to tune this thing on the street reliably? Maybe in 4th gear, so your what, going 150mph? You had a tuner sitting in your car staring at a laptop that trusted you to drive while doing this? He does this for a living? How long is this guy going to live?

stevecorrado88
09-09-2011, 01:16 PM
He tuned it in every gear with his own wideband and the PFC program for the computer. He used the break to keep a load on the car and went through the rpm in ever gear. It took him about 3 hours. Read the post I didn't ask anyone what I should do or not do just simple hp numbers or graphs and your setup which no one has given.

S@nt0s
09-10-2011, 10:34 PM
really good street tuner huh?

There is data a dyno can give him that his ass cannot. I dont care what anyone says.
Street tuners, con artist, call them what ever you want.

so your saying street tune can not produce what a dyno can?
yet a dyno is "mimicing what a car sees under load " but will never get it as the real thing would

you would be surprised to what a good street tuner can do.

4x4le
09-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I always take a car out on the street to ensure driveability is how it needs to be, but there is no way as much power can be made as safely as it can on a dyno. The street is just not giving you any data and a dyno does. A dyno graph can tell you a whole lot more than power and tq if you know how to read it. People that swear by street tuning never realized the benefits of a dyno.
With a proper dyno the load can be changed to simulate every condition from on ice downhill to pulling a building up hill.
You must be used to dynojets or something, those are worthless other than providing a safer envroment than traffic.

sent from my rooted thunderbolt

stevecorrado88
09-11-2011, 08:19 AM
You guys r no help as usual. I ask a simple question and instead of helping me out you find things to bitch about and so now when u google a topic like this you get some bullshit that wont help a thing. This is a tipical zilvia thread.

cotbu
09-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Your turbo setup is rated for 460hp, In the real world it's more like 450hp. Now your particular engine may not make that much or even make more. Save up for some dyno time find a decent dyno, one you'll use again and again. Make power pulls, that's what you tell people your car makes. There's just way to many variables to say hey you'll make 450.
Now if you post a graph that make 350hp and 300ft at 21psi it better be a DD dyno chart or you'll get post saying you should be making more power. From that setup.
May I ask, why you defended street tuning so aggressively?Was it a good base tune tweaked on the street? Anyway, get that thing dyno'ed and post a graph.

stevecorrado88
09-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm not so much defending street tuning but more the guy who did it. If I had the money at the time to rent a dyno and a PFC tuner I would have. But I was recommended by vosco and I new that this guy tuned at a couple of shops before. I had a chipped ecu and didn't like the performance and then my ecu shut the bed so I went the PFC way. After this guy tuned it, it was ten time faster and more reliable. I wanted a safe but moderate tune cuz I literally beat the shit outta my car and I don't need ever little hp sucked outta this engine. I always see the thread for 2871r so I just wanted to see what people hp rating are to get a good idea of what the turbo will reach.

cotbu
09-11-2011, 10:05 AM
I gotcha, even looking at that thread. The hp numbers are all over the place. people defending their tuners and then engine rebuilding follows or a for sale thread starts lol j/k.

If the car feels good and you're happy with the tune, look for some local dyno days or something spend maybe $40-$50 and get a printout. You could also show that to your tuner and if he can read it, he might see room for improvement even if you make good power.

codyace
09-11-2011, 10:14 AM
3071r huh, something capable of 400-450 whp and your making enough traction to tune this thing on the street reliably? Maybe in 4th gear, so your what, going 150mph? You had a tuner sitting in your car staring at a laptop that trusted you to drive while doing this? He does this for a living? How long is this guy going to live?

I wish I could like this post :D People get way to excited on the street and either do really stupid shit, spin the tires, worry about police, etc etc etc. I'm sure you'll agree, flogging a car for a 1/2 hour or an hour on the street is going to draw attention this side of a farm field in BFE.

Dyno's are everywhere and time is so cheap. Hell the dyno we use charges 100 bucks an hour...do whatever you want! To even risk a speeding ticket and points which are MUCH more expensive is beyond me.

---

Dyno racing aside for the forum HP dorks, That thing BETTER trap over 125 mph to make me believe its' a 450whp. You can't trick physics. Amazing how many idiots don't realize that. My car weighs 2800ish, made 400 whp, and trapped 120 mph. The numbers match. THis is why I laugh at bozo's who claim 400 whp and trap 114/115.

Sforteen
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Street tuning works just fine, conservative timing and a good AFR is safe on pump gas, if you plan to extract every last safe horsepower then you will need a dyno, but its not going to hurt anything, you guys are a little jumpy on the tuning issue... someone that knows what there doing and are familur with the EMS and engine setup can get it alot closer than what you make think

stevecorrado88
09-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Street tuning works just fine, conservative timing and a good AFR is safe on pump gas, if you plan to extract every last safe horsepower then you will need a dyno, but its not going to hurt anything, you guys are a little jumpy on the tuning issue... someone that knows what there doing and are familur with the EMS and engine setup can get it alot closer than what you make think

Thank you!!!!

codyace
09-12-2011, 07:17 AM

I'm not debating the fact that street tuning gets you close, hell in some cases it even helps people that dont' have load bearing dynos. Issue is the overall safety and cost of what I'm arguing. I just don't see the point in spending all of my money and time setting up a car, and then being too cheap to rent a dyno for an hour or pay for a tune...

4x4le
09-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you!!!!

yea! someone with 6 posts backed you up. We all have grown to respect him with the knowlege he has provided us with his 6 posts.

Im not trying to be a jerk but come on. Do what you want. Im dyno tuning an sr with a 56 trim .86 2871r with a built head and im willing to bet I make him more power than you have with your 3071.

I'm not debating the fact that street tuning gets you close, hell in some cases it even helps people that dont' have load bearing dynos. Issue is the overall safety and cost of what I'm arguing. I just don't see the point in spending all of my money and time setting up a car, and then being too cheap to rent a dyno for an hour or pay for a tune...

I just street tuned a car for about 1.5 hrs, maybe 2. ZOMGwTFbbq!!111!1

These guys are very willing to go through great lengths to have their car tuned well. They drove 3.5 hrs and are staying over night in town. We changed the fuel setup, diagnosed and fixed the maf cutting out. And made the car very driveable while following the traffic laws. IMO there is nothing wrong with doing that. Tomorrow we spend 1.5-2.5 hrs on the dyno making a beast.

People that do it right have the privilege of having their own dyno graph.

steve shadows
09-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Here is one we tuned a while back, still the fastest one that we did for the dyno dynamics (since it reads soo much lower than the other dynos out there), he did over 425 whp and 378 torque on 20 psi and pump gas...

Technically this was 3071R with the T28 Flange on the turbine housing, so the turbo is slightly different than the regular gt3071R trims and the twin scroll for external is also different. This was with an internal wg, car was fun.

vid doesnt even do it justice, spun tires all the way to 100

Ramone's SR20DET powered S13 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poun3imqjco)

PFC D JETRO

4x4le
09-18-2011, 09:28 AM
That is just amazing^^^ I would love to see the graph, not to pick it apart but to see it!

Picking the right turbo for the engine is so essential. some people want to go too large.

I tuned a rb25 with a big 35r and I cant remember what cams. He didnt have any oiling mods or crank collar done so I was only allowed to rev to 7400 and it was still making power.
I think he would have been better off with a t3 3071 because I wasnt going to run anymore than 24psi on pump gas. There was no detenation and the turbo was just starting to wake up at about 22-24psi but I wasnt going over it.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/4x4le/Dyno/rb2535r.jpg

I dunno, I just couldnt imagine tuning a car without a dyno. They are just so helpfull