PDA

View Full Version : Rough idle problem

s34n
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Just wondering what's causing the problem. I have a 95 s14 and it idles rough. Shifter and the car's shaking and its idling up and down below 1000 rpm and i have to slightly press the gas a little. It feels like it gonna die but it just idles rough. Can it be the crank position sensor cuz its worn out?? IACV???

locoluna825
09-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Sounds like the IACV. try unplugging it from the harness and see if it stops. And if you want to do any kind of searching for more information on how to go about fixin that. Search in google using the words surging idle.

Om1kron
09-07-2011, 02:06 AM
I run my car with the iacv unplugged and let it manually find idle, sometimes it works great, othertimes it doesn't really work at all.

s34n
09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
What about the crank position sensor??

Alexlua
09-08-2011, 03:25 AM
Any vacuum leaks?

Have you ever cleaned the IACV? I had that problem in my Z. I removed the valve and cleaned it all up. They can get carbon build up which gives false readings or causes it to start sticking. Easy fix is removing the valve taking it all apart and using carb cleaner to clean not just the valve but also the passages that lead to the valve. Reassemble and Try cleaning out your tb as well.

If you remove the valve with the connectors on and get one of your buddies to turn the key to the "ON" position with out starting the spring and piston should move in or out. If it does nothing you'll need a new one.
If your CPS is broken anyway fix it before you take a shot at the valve.
PM me if you need more details and testing procedures on the aac/aicv