PDA

View Full Version : Clutch fluid leaking... HELP!!

koukidrifter21
09-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I have a 1990 hatch with redtop in it. I've replaced the slave cylinder already. And it's still leaking clutch fluid from somewhere. It's not coming from the line anywhere. And I sprayed the reservoir down with brake cleaner and I can't see that leaking anything either. is the clutch line tied into the brakes at all anywhere? I'm stumped :(

e1_griego
09-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Could be leaking at the back of the master -- check the firewall/footwell.

mando240
09-06-2011, 11:59 AM
just park ur car let it drip on the floor and start looking up from there and follow it. U should be able to see the drip and just go up the line till its dry.. Make sure its not dripping from the slave. Buy a braided line from enjuku racing if its the line.. Simple fix.

rcdad123
09-06-2011, 12:42 PM
it`s probably leaking from the back of the master cylinder. go look under the dash by the clutch pedal and look for fluid leaking on the firewall. worst case scenario, your carpet by the clutch pedal will be wet with brake fluid.

lejeffrey12
09-06-2011, 12:46 PM
press the clutch pedal down with your hand while looking at the master cylinder from under the dash and if its squirting out fluids then theres your leak.

Howie Felter Snatch
09-07-2011, 04:08 AM
I don't know how good of an idea it is to spray down a plastic reservoir with brake cleaner.. That stuff is not nice to plastics and rubber. Not 100% sure tho..

mando240
09-07-2011, 09:01 AM
ok lets get something here correct... IS IT CLUTCH FLUID or BRAKE FLUID. They are both the same but what iam sayin if its leaking do you feel your clutch spongy or your brakes???
if its your brakes do this. Take the vacuum out of the brake booster and stick a wire with a piece of paper at the end and pull it back out. If it is wet then you master cylinder is leaking in the brake booster. You need to change the master cylinder and booster. If its dry start looking at your calipers check for wet spots around the rims/ suspension parts

dontxploitme
09-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Check where the hardline connects to the softline. Or where the slave connects to the clutch slave that's where mine was leaking from cause it wasn't tightened enough